• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Longest run time... batteries and charger questions

Thanks again everyone for the information, I'm finally starting to understand the proper use and care of lipo batteries.

Here's what I've come up with for charging, storage, and transportation of my lipo's. It's a metal tool box bought on sale for $25. I can close the lid and place the box on my concrete floor for charging. I store the batteries on the gray tray in the top of the box. It works good for transporting the batteries and I can also carry 3 drawers of tools and spare parts.

I still plan to purchase a fireproof charging bag, otherwise does this look safe?

IMG_20140127_162048.jpg~320x480

My advice to you is to get a quality lipo charger. Cheap chargers are a one way ticket to ruined batteries and possible fires. Lipo's are nothing to mess with. At a minimum, this is my recommendation...Hyperion EOS 0606i AC/DC Digital Charger - HeliPal This was my first lipo charger and it was great until I started getting more into electric r/c's. I wanted more power and a lot more features. So now I use a Cellpro Powerlab 6.

I'll work on a better charger as $ permit lol. I have to take things slow as to not anger my CFO.

Back