• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

LNC servo and CC-BEC question, NEED SOME HELP!!

tdlosinc

Rock Stacker
I will be getting a Hitec 7955TG pretty soon for my basically stock LNC, I've already go the Castle Creations BEC. I'm wondering how to wire everything up. I know I splice the red and black from the BEC to the battery connector coming from the ESC. but I don't know where to plug the brown red and orange wires that go into the black connector, then into the receiver somewhere. I know it goes in one of the slots on the receiver (the receiver is the stock MRX-3000 2.4ghz DSM which has an AUX, throttle, steering and bind port).

Where do i plug the other end of the BEC into so i can get full power to my servo, which is rated 333 oz/in @ 6v. The wiring diagram online and the diagram that came with the BEC don't make sense to me..maybe I'm just that new haha..hence the plead for help.

I will be running a 7.4v 2s lipo.

and the AUX port is now open because I removed the lights.

Thanks in advance for anyone that responds with some advice..I'm pretty new to this and I appreciate the help.

if you'll take a look at the top of the "Electronics" section in which you made this Thread, you'll notice that the 4th Sticky down on PG 1 is a wiring Thread"thumbsup" Just for Future reference to Keep you from gettin flamed, the Search button is your Friend:flipoff:

but to keep from being an A-Hole here's the link's

1: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290494&highlight=BEC+servo+connector

2: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116914

if you don't want to do it either of those ways just plug the BEC into the BATT/BIND on the RX, but i don't think i would put 7.4 through the rx, or any other components you might plug into it other than the servo..... be sure if you do it this way, remove the RED wire from the ESC plug!

Last edited:
i saw that sticky, i just wanted to get something specific to the LNC. i think i just plug the brown orange and red wire plug from the BEC into the bind slot and leave the servo wires in the steering slot, and then take the red wire out of the throttle plug, cap it, and leave the other 2 wires in the plug and put that in the throttle slot. then the AUX slot will stay open. does that sound right??

its a 4.8 to 9.0v selectable output BEC..and i will be running 7.4v, and my servo is rated at 6.0. is there some way to set the BEC to 6.0 or do i just plug it all in?

Your plug setup should be fine. To chage the voltage on the your bec, you need a castle link. They come set at 5 volts stock.

X2 you'll need to get a castle link, or a Feild programmer to set the voltage coming out of your BEC. the 7950 is rated a 7.2 or 7.4 can't remember:oops:
6.0 volts should be plenty to turn the steering on the crawler"thumbsup"

i am running the 7955 though..any difference? its rated at 6.0.

should i not even run the BEC? im starting to wonder that now too haha

I would do the same for the 7955.
YES! Run the BEC"thumbsup"

I run all of my servo's at 6.8V. Just a personal preference.

sounds good, thank you. im going to see if the guy at my lhs has a castle link to use on his shop computer..if not buy one. i think theyre only around 25 dollars.

ill try it at 6.0 and im sure that will be more than enough power.

thanks again

I'm upgrading to the 7955 also on the stock ESC. Is there a way to wire the BEC to retain the stock ESC LVC ?

I've searched...and searched...but can't find that specific answer.

Wiring the BEC wont affect your LVC. The LVC will only cut power to the motor so once you hit the cutoff stop steering and unplug the battery.

Back