• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Lipo low voltage warning buzzer ?

TacoCrawler

I wanna be Dave
So I bought one on ebay 1s - 8s to ensure I hear a warning sound before the Low voltage shuts off the Lipo battery supply.
That's even if the SCX6 has a LVC built in to the ESC ?
But besides carrying an extra Lipo battery as back up, I thought it would be good idea to get some type of warning before ?
Anyone else have or use this device ?
Seems fairly simple to use as it simply plugs into the balance plug leads of the battery.
Just trying to give myself enough time to get this heavy pig back to the charging station before the Lipo shuts off completely.
No pictures of it because I can't seem to load it up. But I'm fairly certain they all look similar anyways.

What is your opinion ?

How about this ? https://www.ebay.com/itm/204303478355

Last edited:
If you can mount it somewhere you can see it while driving it might be useful otherwise it's not really doing much
I used one on a radio battery once it drained the battery down to 0 the alarm went off in the middle of the night and I didn't here it that was the end of that battery

I don't use that brand, but I've relied on LVAs before with good results. The ones I've used are LOUD, you're not sleeping through them. If your car was 100 yards away, you'd still hear it.

I've used Venom brand ones and Dynamite brand LVAs. I recommend going with a name brand alarm. Things can go bad with LiPO problems and that's what you're trying to prevent.

The fact that it says "buzzer" worries me. A warning horn is nice and loud. If those just "buzz," you'll probably never hear that.

I don't use that brand, but I've relied on LVAs before with good results. The ones I've used are LOUD, you're not sleeping through them. If your car was 100 yards away, you'd still hear it.

I've used Venom brand ones and Dynamite brand LVAs. I recommend going with a name brand alarm. Things can go bad with LiPO problems and that's what you're trying to prevent.

The fact that it says "buzzer" worries me. A warning horn is nice and loud. If those just "buzz," you'll probably never hear that.
Yeah I'm concerned about the buzzer thing too. Guess I'll know when they arrive.
Thanks for information concerning Venom and their use of actual alarms.
I'll be looking into those. Thanks !

This one ? https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Voltage-Monitor-LiPo-Batteries/dp/B0064SHG0Y

Last edited:
If you can mount it somewhere you can see it while driving it might be useful otherwise it's not really doing much
I used one on a radio battery once it drained the battery down to 0 the alarm went off in the middle of the night and I didn't here it that was the end of that battery
Yeah probably not very loud. I'll likely need a louder one. Hey they were cheap and I had nothing prior so thought give them a chance to suck :oops:

My RCs have there own house about 600 ft away from the main house they share the house with the girls lol

So I might be able to here the alarm 100 yards away but not a block away inside a different house

Last edited:
The buzzer beeps to warn the operator. fairly loudly at that !
Not bad, 2 ea for $ 8.95 shipped/from China. and an adjustable voltage warning too.
( 2.7v - 3.8 v ) & ( 2 - 8s )

Looks promising.

Last edited:
I bought one of these alarms several years ago when I revived a couple of my old micro rs4s (one with a novak spy, and the other with the orion esc). I might be missing something, but I don't really see the point on a rig with a lvc. Best case you get an annoying alarm a few minutes before the esc stops.

Makes sense on a boat or maybe a plane.

I bought one of these alarms several years ago when I revived a couple of my old micro rs4s (one with a novak spy, and the other with the orion esc). I might be missing something, but I don't really see the point on a rig with a lvc. Best case you get an annoying alarm a few minutes before the esc stops.

Makes sense on a boat or maybe a plane.
Well I'm slightly disabled so I need physical notification before the lvc shuts my junk down. I got to get it up some stairs, and it's a heavy glutton ! Lol

Last edited:
I have a couple of these I bought a few years back. I was concerned about ESCs that have LVC adjustable settings but only list as low, medium and high, not the actual LVC voltage.

Mine are the "old" style without the cover. And, the ones I have are LOUD. To me it sounds more like an alarm than a buzzer. I would say I can hear it about 50 yards away which works for me while trailing/crawling.

The nice thing is, on the end opposite the pin connectors there is a button you can push to set the voltage per cell you want the alarm to sound at. Lowest is 2.7V to highest of 3.8V in 0.1V increments. Each time you push the button, the display goes up 0.1V and when you get to 3.8V it starts all over at 2.7V. I think I set mine at 3.3V or 3.4V. It will sound the alarm before you actually get that low if you full throttle from stopped or slow crawl as the battery voltage drops. It stops when the battery recovers enough to be over the set alarm voltage.

Also, I use it just as a quick and easy voltage checker on my batteries. It will show the total voltage of the battery and then automatically scroll through showing the voltage of each cell.

I have a couple of these I bought a few years back. I was concerned about ESCs that have LVC adjustable settings but only list as low, medium and high, not the actual LVC voltage.

Mine are the "old" style without the cover. And, the ones I have are LOUD. To me it sounds more like an alarm than a buzzer. I would say I can hear it about 50 yards away which works for me while trailing/crawling.

The nice thing is, on the end opposite the pin connectors there is a button you can push to set the voltage per cell you want the alarm to sound at. Lowest is 2.7V to highest of 3.8V in 0.1V increments. Each time you push the button, the display goes up 0.1V and when you get to 3.8V it starts all over at 2.7V. I think I set mine at 3.3V or 3.4V. It will sound the alarm before you actually get that low if you full throttle from stopped or slow crawl as the battery voltage drops. It stops when the battery recovers enough to be over the set alarm voltage.

Also, I use it just as a quick and easy voltage checker on my batteries. It will show the total voltage of the battery and then automatically scroll through showing the voltage of each cell.

These are the same deal. But with an external case.
The buzzer claim is just a nomenclature for all external noise makers, because these emit a loud tone as well.
Now I just need to test these for the proper voltage that was set.
Version II ...if you are so inclined.

Back