• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Lipo cut off voltage when using twin ESCs...

MoFoHo

Hi good people!
Based on some good advice I've recieved on here, I've decided to try running a Lipo battery in my Bully rock crawler.
So I came back from the hobby shop yesterday with a modest 2S 1000mAh Lipo to get me started. It's tiny! "thumbsup"

I'm running dual ESCs on my rig (Speed Passion Inspire Rock Crawler ESC/Brushless combo).

So before trying the battery I immediately go into the BOTH ESCs menu(s) (using a programming card) and set the low voltage cut off at 3.4v/cell (you can set the LVC within a 2.6 - 3.4v range).

Is it required that I do this for BOTH ESCs? I only ask as one of the ESCs went into LVC pretty much immediately, the ESC kept running (fan running) but the motor connected to that particular ESC wouldn't move.

I obviously dont want to over discharge this Lipo battery, but will having one ESC set up for LVC be of adequate safety enough? If that were the case, I'd set the FRONT axles ESC to have a LVC since that axle is always in use. (rear axle is switched/mixed on my transmitter)

Any ideas good people? Anybody running dual ESCs with a Lipo battery?

I have dual fxrs and have them both set the same for lvc,One cut's off before the other but that maybe from my settings,One has stronger drag brake, ect.. I would set them both for safety,why not?You may want to set your cutoff a tad lower especially if its a low c pack ,your voltage dips when under load. 3.7 volts is a nominal rating so under load it may actually drop below 3.4v, Its not what you want to hear but immediate cutoff might be your first sign of a insufficient battery.Whats the specs on your pack?

Last edited:
Back