• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Clemsoncrawler

Rock Stacker
I’m building my first truck, TF2, got the link kits front and rear. I want to raise it to use larger than stock tires. I also have the body lift and the higher shock hoops for the gellande/TF2.
Don’t know anything about crawler shocks. Should I go with like 100mm front and back, or do they need to be different heights to level my ride. Thanks for ANY advice.

When you do custom suspension you need to lay everything out to figure out what you need. Here is how I would go about it...

• Disconnect the leaf spring shackles front and rear
• Disconnect the steering link and panhard bar (assuming they are already install, you'll need to replace these with longer ones)
• Put the chassis on a block, getting the chassis to the ride height you want with the axles and wheels
• The first thing you'll need to look at are the shackles, take measurements on how much longer they need to be. At the same time, you should be able to get a rough measurement on the length of shocks you'll need
• While everything is on the block, take a look at the drive shaft angles, you might have to clock the drive shafts, or drop the transfer case. Regardless, the TF2 drive shafts are terrible at the normal ride height, increasing the angle will only help to snap them quicker.
• Order the parts you need, namely the shackles, shocks and shafts.
• Install the new parts checking for desired fitment, movement, and articulation, adjust as needed.
• Measure and order links for your panhard and steering. You will likely need to make a bracket for the panhard to reduce the angle. You will also need to put spacers in the steering line. These two should more or less be parallel with each other.

That is the starting list, there is a lot of tweaking in there that will have to be done. Honestly, the TF2 is a horrible kit from the get-go, jacked up with larger tires will not make it any better, and you will likely end up replacing both axles. There are better kits out there to do this kind of build with, the Element or TRX4 would be a lot better choices.

Thanks fer the advice. I have a lot to learn....... I’m thinking I’ll take ur advice on another kit for a more advanced build since better ones are there.

Back