• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Lexan bodies - getting in the "nooks and crannies"?

rocko76

Hey all - what techniques does everyone use to get coverage into hard-to-reach "nooks and crannies"? Generally speaking, those areas are limited in a car body, but pick up beds, in particular are challenging to me.

As an example, here is an axial K5 Blazer body I just tried to do in candy orange. I know there are other imperfections and the outside film is still on... but you can see how the top of the gate is lighter as that was a recessed area with little room to hit some of the surfaces.

Candy is much "worse" as you can just keep shooting with opaque paint, but I still have some issues there as well.

52170678342_472d32c465_k.jpg

Yes, this is done using rattle cans and I know I should invest in an airbrush, but I'm not sure that alone would make a huge difference in these cases.

Alot of it is the angle in which your spraying. Have to spray at multiple angles. It's a pain but that's your biggest issue. Holding up to a light when painting helps you see thin areas as well. Also against all instructions, be careful and quick but also get the nozzle of the can alot closer, it helps but insanely easy to get runs in the paint. Best to get light coat or 2 on first before doing it, that way the heavier coat has something good to bind to.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Back