• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Leaf Springs?

bergerone3

My dad is looking for rear leaf spring kits for his scx10. Rcbros made some but are discontinued. Any idea's or other products would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ernie. I will be posting pictures soon!

Rc4wd has leaf mounts. For the chassis anyway. You will have to figure something out for the axles

The leaf mounts for the T. rex axles may work

The mounts for the Trex axles don't work, but mounts can be made easily. GCM does have what you need but at a bit more of a price. But I think that making your own conversion/mounts etc. will not only yeild the results you want (because you set up the geometry) but would probably be cheaper "thumbsup" If you need any help as to where to start with that don't hesitate to send me a message 8)

for my custom build, I removed the 4 link truss - didnt need it, and mounted my springs directly to the axle with short screws (on this one - 6 & 8 mm long)...the wedge in this pic is aluminum and there to get the angle of the pinion corrected...

46frontsuspension.jpg

think outside the box and get creative.

Thats a very cool build (been following it) but I would venture to guess that he is planning on using an SCX frame whereas you have a custom frame. I can get some pics of where I mounted my hangers and shackles but I am using Trex axles so the rest wouldn't help picture wise.

Back