• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

LC70 Venture Time

That's so cool. "thumbsup"

Thank you!

While this sort of thing is not something I would do, probably because I'd cry when I inevitably broke it, I can appreciate the artistry involved. Your rig looks great and the amount of time, money and effort you have put into it shows and is a credit to you.

I love to look at it, but I would be scared to drive it.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

You get over that once you put the first scratch on it, mind you I don't like it, but they need to be driven."thumbsup" Thank you!

Awesome build!

Thank you sir!

Wish I had an update, but still waiting for parts to come in.:cry:

Finally! An update!

Got the hood and door kits installed. Hood went fairly quick, but the doors where a bit more involved with the window opening mechanism and fitting the door/latch. Love how it came out and the windows work great!

Other updates are new bead locks with SSD rotors, RC4WD mini Warn 9.5 winch, RC4WD ARB diff covers, finished bed bob and mounted body. Just need to install the electronics and light kit to finish it all up."thumbsup"

LC70-6.jpg

LC70-5.jpg

LC70-3.jpg

LC70-2.jpg

LC70-4.jpg

mate that looks awesome. i reeally like that body and want it on my venture, but as theres not much info of this body on this chassis.. ive got some questions
how does it mount to the chassis? i have the hpi lexan underbody/wheel wells, do you think they could be made to work together?
the other question is, how much heavier than the standard FJ cruiser body is it? does it massively affect the driving capabilities? like rolly polly everywhere?
did you do anything more with the rear suspension? hows the articulation with the shorter shocks?
once again top job
cheers

Looks spot on!

How's it drive? What's it weigh?

It performs much better than expected with the small tires, it's pretty heavy but I haven't weighed it yet. If I was to guess, maybe 8-9lbs. Only issue driving it was the bumper catching on everything, so I threw the stock Venture plastic one on for now until I build a new metal one. Also switched to a set of Locked Up RC bead locks.]

LC70-7.jpg

Looking really, really good sir. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the front bumper. "thumbsup"

Looks like I didn't post a picture of the dash lit up.....

LC70-8.jpg

LC70-9.jpg

Time for a change......traded off the LC body for a Cruiser body, I'll save that for another build. So decided to check out the New Bright 2021 Bronco and it looks right at home on the Venture. Plans include removing the top, build a full cage and full interior. Already made sliders/body mounts with bumpers next...

Stay tuned!

21EB-1.jpg

i actually reallu like how that looks on the venture cant wait to see what you do with it great lookin rig thats only gonna look better in time

Back