• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Kincer's Sawback

Thanks man! Just got a box from RPP full of goodies for it, updates soon!"thumbsup"

It's been so long since I was researching everything about this rig, that I need to go back and do it all over again to remember what I need to do. I have parts too!

It's been so long since I was researching everything about this rig, that I need to go back and do it all over again to remember what I need to do. I have parts too!

Yeah I had to quite a bit of research myself, I think these came out 6 or so years ago lol.

Installed the new rear bumper, rock rails, and Junfac drive shafts tonight, think I'll do the aluminum knuckles, clubs, and lockouts tomorrow night.
69334bc7a43493ab289f55c73fd38ba6.jpg
896e0717365dfb8f51e64fcc72147db3.jpg
7b63d7b22feef5528b6275519905638a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Liking the new shoes...the driver...well, he's a driver and seems to fit well. :lmao:

Liking the new shoes...the driver...well, he's a driver and seems to fit well. :lmao:

Yeah these Sawbacks need a driver, looks weird moving without a driver, not so noticeable on other RC's. I normally wouldn't bother but felt this needed one. I have to admit I felt a little childish playing with an action figure at age 50 but then I thought about it and laughed, I'm still playing with toy cars :lmao:

why is a good driver so hard to find

How bout it? With the huge uptick in this hobby you'd think some company would jump into realistic scale looking bodies with a few different scale sizes. I find myself walking up and down the toy isles at Walmart looking at figures. Always saying , no, no, no....ah hell no.....

Is that Ghetto Hunter Dan?? :) I had the turkey and fishing version....that's a new one on me!
I'm gonna have to take another pic, this is Turkey Hunter Dan [emoji38]

lol in that pic he looks like chester the old man in the corner of a rave party trying to pasz himself off as a kid to the underage girls while selling x

some gold chains maybe a teen skipper in a short mini skirt and some face paintings lol
instant raver dan lol
a sound syztem with some cheasy tecno playing would just round it off lol

ok back to reality nice jeep lol

Last edited:
How bout it? With the huge uptick in this hobby you'd think some company would jump into realistic scale looking bodies with a few different scale sizes. I find myself walking up and down the toy isles at Walmart looking at figures. Always saying , no, no, no....ah hell no.....
i left a message on scale builders guild asking for a driver tutorial video lol

it would be nice if someone would make scale drivers this hobbie needs them

With a little super glue, spot filler, and airbrush I feel like you could make some of the existing driver options nearly photorealistic. The bolts through the elbow can be hidden, skin can be toned/shadowed, that stiff seating position can be altered if you aren't worried about cutting one up...I don't know anyone who sits ramrod straight while driving except maybe motorcycle cops lol

I feel like any attempt to make a realistic driver is just going to run face first into the uncanny valley. I've seen the opposite approach often garner more success, not taking the driver too seriously and often as an opportunity for a little humor. Put something whacky in there, not too outlandish, just something funny or weird that people might not notice on the first pass.

I feel like any attempt to make a realistic driver is just going to run face first into the uncanny valley. .

What does this mean lol.

So I was just saying you can make an action figure look decent with a little work. Not that you would be cruising around with wax museum figures...

Plan B, Axial helmet set. I did that to my Enduro and they look really real lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He really doesn't look like a X dealin clubber, he's wearing camo, with a camo hat lol
fd79da0392cce5c110e52e312f72bbce.jpg
3ee9e441aa8c8830dca482345b798099.jpg

What does this mean lol.

So I was just saying you can make an action figure look decent with a little work. Not that you would be cruising around with wax museum figures...

Plan B, Axial helmet set. I did that to my Enduro and they look really real lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It isn't a difficult concept, I was just saying your doll is always gonna look like a doll so why not take the opportunity to be more creative.

Back