• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Kincer's 4Runner Marlin build

Looks great. Keep it up. Theses tf kits are fun to build, fun to drive to. Makes me want to do a 4runner kit now.

Looks great. Keep it up. Theses tf kits are fun to build, fun to drive to. Makes me want to do a 4runner kit now.
Thank you! I totally recommend this body kit, I didn't have a problem with anything fitting except two screws for the tailgate hinge had to shimmed a little to align tailgate.

Thank you! Haven't even got to the suspension yet, on my to do list for sure.

Not sure if you’re going for trail truck or shelf truck..., I just did the shackle reverse (rc4wd), wish I didn’t. They are hang up heavy..., might as well go crawling with a snow plow on the front;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you’re going for trail truck or shelf truck..., I just did the shackle reverse (rc4wd), wish I didn’t. They are hang up heavy..., might as well go crawling with a snow plow on the front;)

It's going to be a trail truck, I was planning on trying the A&M Garage shackle reversal kit. Good to know about the RC4wd setup. Thanks

Got my wiring all done for now til I add accessories, but that's later down the road.
c0578ba73956a13dd05490b2430a02a4.jpg

This thing is awesome Dave! I really like it! That body is looking great! Keep up the great work!"thumbsup"
Thank you! It's been a rough year for me and this build has given me some much needed therapy and renewed my RC bug. I've forced myself to take my time with this instead of hurrying and half assing things [emoji38]. Plenty of things to do yet but since my plant was shut down and I was forced into early semi retirement I'll have plenty of time while I look for work.

Thank you! It's been a rough year for me and this build has given me some much needed therapy and renewed my RC bug. I've forced myself to take my time with this instead of hurrying and half assing things [emoji38]. Plenty of things to do yet but since my plant was shut down and I was forced into early semi retirement I'll have plenty of time while I look for work.

It's definitely good to have you back around! No half assing! LoL! Need to motivate Mark to get out and do some crawling. I'm too far away, but you're local enough to do it. Can't wait to see this thing and your other rigs back out on the rocks!

It's definitely good to have you back around! No half assing! LoL! Need to motivate Mark to get out and do some crawling. I'm too far away, but you're local enough to do it. Can't wait to see this thing and your other rigs back out on the rocks!

I actually just finally met Mark last weekend when I bought his XJ TRX which is now a Blazer lol, definitely gonna have to do some trailing for sure!

I installed a few other goodies yesterday on the 4Runner, RC4WD tube bumper with a winch, RC4WD sliders, and SSD front and rear hubs. I also have the RC4WD rear tube bumper but take note for anyone doing a 4Runner on a Marlin TF2 the chassis in the rear is different than standard TF2 so you will have to make a custom cross member to install the rear tube bumper. That's gonna wait for a bit til I decide exactly how I'm gonna do it.
6733cacf1aef9d10f00387179ad2d2be.jpg
3632f27e778bf06ec110855eab145835.jpg
7c77c85734b809aef9f02de97560b950.jpg
33786fb2a9efd96c7354b5afd8c16c49.jpg

Well later in the day after some thought and some grinding I was able to move the furthest rear cross member to where the old bumper mount was so that gave me the holes to mount the bumper but that made the bumper sit away from the body about 8mm to far, so I drilled 2 new mounting holes in the bumper 8mm away from the existing holes. This resulted in a nice close fit for the bumper. Took a little thought but worked out well. This is not needed on the standard TF2 chassis.
ab642c5ee59b87bb9e108bcf17d2fbea.jpg
12c35566c3e70bcf27c72f9bcf5e89a8.jpg
34759b55b62d3642484071aa84595ee3.jpg

Rig is looking really good! love the bumper winch. Hows it wheel?
It actually doesn't do too bad for still being stock suspension wise, will be doing the chino mod and o-ring mod now that I have the body about done. The weight of everything really makes it wheel realistic.

Thanks. rc4wd says the dash os a wopping 7.5 inches wide.
holy cow! i thought it was 1/10 scale
Is it really 7.5" ?

my 4runner body can only fit 6" dash

What body are you trying to put this in? This is made for the RC4WD 4Runner body which is what I have.

Looks great! The little bit of grey paint on the interior made it look so much better.

Back