• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Just Bumpers For SCX10 Honcho

RCHappy

Well this is my first thread and i was wondering what the best bumper is for the SCX10 Honcho. I just picked up a kit to build my first Scale Crawler and i want to see what you guys have got out there. The Stock bumper looks flimsy and from what i hear it just gets in the way. I want to have a bumper that looks good and allows for good crawling. I don't want to go bumper-less. Your thoughts?

-RCHappy-

My favorite bumper for the Honcho was made by Gatekeeper, but he didn't make them for very long. You can see it here on Rockcrawler's Honcho...

IMG_0970.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

100_6222.JPG

100_6224.JPG

I bought the one from rc4wd, and now finding it might be a mistake. I ordered it two weeks ago and they still haven't shipped it, and barely respond to my emails. They keep saying they are sending it out every Monday. :evil:

That's IT

The gatekeeper bumber is sick. Too bad he doesn't make em anymore. BTW, your scx is super sexy haha.

Agreed! This bumper is just what im lookin for. Anyone selling one? or possibly make one. I have never brazed before. i should start getting into it. Could be dangerous though!

I bought the one from rc4wd, and now finding it might be a mistake. I ordered it two weeks ago and they still haven't shipped it, and barely respond to my emails. They keep saying they are sending it out every Monday. :evil:

They are in production. There was an issue with them, so they had to be corrected. Sorry for the delay, but I have been pushing the guys to get them done.

Sorry!

No bumper at all performs best, but offers no protection obviously. If you decide to make your own, make it as close to the body as possible and go out and test on the rocks, you will quickly find any snags or hangups and be able to fix accordingly!
Matt

anybody run these ? they look scale, but i think theyd probably snag on things. my stock bumper seems to stick out way to far and causes a lot of problems on steep inclines.

PL6052.jpg

i agree if you can build your own. i didnt like the stock one on the honcho so i grabbed some 1/4" steel solid rod and away i went. here's what i came up with. not mounted yet.

RCbumper006.jpg

RCbumper005.jpg

this is what it will look like.

Back