• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Jon's Baja Bug

Short video of the Spektrum Firm 2 in 1 in action - this thing is insanely fast, and yet it also still allows really good slow speed control.

So I've been out with the Spektrum Firma 2 in 1 - 2300 Kv motor a few times now, and I have to say I like it. Other than the speed increase (about 28%) I haven't noticed any difference in how it works compared to the Fusion 1800.

I picked up an 11 tooth pinion gear to replace the stock 14 tooth, and the ratio between those is roughly 27%, so with that installed my Firma 2300 runs pretty much exactly the same as my old Fusion 1800.

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the 11 tooth while it was apart. One of the other positives about the Firma is my local hobby store (where I bought it) will handle any warranty claims directly - apparently with Hobbywing you need to deal directly with them, the LHS can't get involved.

I mounted the power switch for the Firma up high this time - 3D printed a new cover plate for my voltmeter (which sticks up in the back - you can see the battery voltage through the back window).

Hopefully this will help keep the motor running longer.

The voltmeter is a simple little voltage meter I got off Amazon, along with a 3D printed bracket/case for it. I connect it to the balance plug on the battery, and it gives me a nice real-time voltage level reading while I'm out on the trails.

Back