• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Johnson420's Ti Hustler

Johnson420

Quarry Creeper
Beside a few lil changes I will be running close to the same setup my Super Hustler has ran the last few years.

1st main change was the chassis
After 4 HARD and ABUSIVE years I finally bent my Original Hand Built Hustler Chassis.
built by Aaron Dusenbery, TEAM CARNAGE CREW. Distributed by RCP Crawlers.com

So what could be Stronger then a DOM Tubed Hustler......... One made of Titanium

I believe this to be the ONE and ONLY Titanium Hustler in Existence.
The Base for my 2011 Super Class Rig.

2nd Major Change will be Zero Ackerman Steering Knuckles.
The ONLY way to MAX Out your steering for ALL wheels is to run Zero Ackerman.

Some Specs
Chassis: Titanium Super Hustler. One of a Kind
Radio: Spektrum DX7
ESC: Two Castle Creation Mamba Max's
Motor: Two 35 Turn Integy's 6t Pinion's
Servo: Two JR 8711's with a Castle Creations BEC per servo
Axles: Tamiya Clodbuster, Metal Gears, CVD's, Old RC4WD Knuckle's reworked with Custom Zero Ackerman Arms
Wheels: Axial 40 Series Beadlocks
Tires: Proline 40 Series Moab XL's in the OLD M2 and G8 Compounds
Links: Stainless Steel by MTR
WB: 17 7/8"

Few Pic of my Progress
p1120337l.jpg

Anyone want to Translate for me.
p1120339.jpg

p1120340h.jpg

The Bending ........... This can't be good. Ask me how I did this if you haven't been watching.
p1120342h.jpg

Metal Axle Internals should be good for another Season
p1120346.jpg

p1120347.jpg

and Striped Down for maintenance
p1120350.jpg

may b noob question, but what is zero ackerman and where you get it?

Ackerman: I couldn't say it better then what RcBro says here.

...................Ackerman in crawles if often looked at the same as a vehicle or off-road/on-road rc car, however crawlers can not be looked at in the same way.

If you have ackerman, either positive or negative, only one wheel will reach max steering angle, the other one will be less, always! With zero ackerman both wheels can go to max steering angle. Whats not taken into account is the addition of traction on the rocks, (AKA Scrub Radius) at zero the crawler steers easier. If your running regular knuckles and your tire with less steering has the most traction your crawler will almost always tend to follow this tire. Take into account a rig not running zero ackerman knuckles and digging up hill in high traction, the knuckle that is not maxxed almost always hops and slaps around causing negative and unpredictable results.

With zero ackerman whichever wheel has the best grip will be at max steering angle and the truck will seem to steer a little better in most situations, but also when digging you no longer have this slapping action which aids in predictable results as well as non broken parts.........................

How much steering angle do you get with those axles???
I'm looking into buying some.

Thanks!
*edit*
Correction, after checking the CVD's I find that they are getting 40 degree's.
I chucked CVD in Drill Press and put angle finder on Axle Shaft.
*edit*

Here's a OLD RCC Tech Thread
The Thunder Tech CVD's get about 32 degree's
Get the maximum steering from your clod axles. 6/15/07

Last edited:
Man now imma have to stop the jeep build and work on the old forgotten clod that i love and build on and some how always forget bout.:mrgreen:

Looks cool! So some Chinese guy built that chassis back in '07?

When RCP was having the SE Edition Hustler's made they had a chance to have this Ti Hustler made during that time. The Cost of building more than this One in Titanium wasn't justified, but was a Nice Display Piece for the Shop. Took me 3 years to get it in my hands. Thanks Again RCP!!!

I remember that chassis. Nice score! My GenU- wine Dusenbery chassis is still here and looking good. Although hasn't taken half the beating that yours has!

Back