• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

is a 2 pole sensored motor ok for crawling?

Is that a new policy? Whenever I ordered from AMain's site the shipping was way more than that. That's why I started ordering from their eBay store which was always cheaper for some odd reason.

Nope, they had it for quite a while. I think it even used to be $.99 a few years back.

The catch is everything in the order has to be eligible for the $1.99 shipping. Eligible products are tagged pretty well though.

ggrNPICl.jpg

Ok, i know this is an old thread, but ive searched n need some suggestions on this very subject.

Ive got a HH trailmaster pro 540 bl 2700kv. I know its a 2 pole, but is it worth the effort? Or would i be better off just buying a new HH puller pro? Ive got a mamba x esc for the build im fixin to start. I like the mamba x in my other truck, so stick with wat works...

Anyway, i know this is only 2-3 yr old thread, but HH seems to stay updated on his products. So wat is yalls opinion? Stick with the 2 pole ive got or get a 4 pole?

What rig and what purpose?

It seems that he tweaked the Trailmasters to outperform your typical 2-pole brushless sensored motors - why not give it a try, see how it runs - and upgrade later if needed?

Ive got a HH trailmaster pro 540 bl 2700kv. I know its a 2 pole, but is it worth the effort? Or would i be better off just buying a new HH puller pro? Ive got a mamba x esc for the build im fixin to start. I like the mamba x in my other truck, so stick with wat works...

Anyway, i know this is only 2-3 yr old thread, but HH seems to stay updated on his products. So wat is yalls opinion? Stick with the 2 pole ive got or get a 4 pole?

I run that exact combo (2700kv TM W/MambaX) and it's great. Not quite as smooth as my puller pro (2200kv w/MambaX) but damn close.

The first aftermarket motor I put in my rig last may/June was a Trailmaster pro 3300. I was wanting a PP 2700 but none were to be found.

I had it paired with a mamba x set up verbatim to HH tuning videos.

Worked just fine for slow crawling rocks (which is all I do) and did great.

My Trx4 is geared low, 9/45, and the low speed control was very smooth.

When I finally got. PP2700 in, I really didn’t notice a drastic difference like I thought I would compared to the Trailmaster pro.

So, if I knew then what I know now, I’d of just kept the Trailmaster in. Worked great for me.

I run that exact combo (2700kv TM W/MambaX) and it's great. Not quite as smooth as my puller pro (2200kv w/MambaX) but damn close.

The first aftermarket motor I put in my rig last may/June was a Trailmaster pro 3300. I was wanting a PP 2700 but none were to be found.

I had it paired with a mamba x set up verbatim to HH tuning videos.

Worked just fine for slow crawling rocks (which is all I do) and did great.

My Trx4 is geared low, 9/45, and the low speed control was very smooth.

When I finally got. PP2700 in, I really didn’t notice a drastic difference like I thought I would compared to the Trailmaster pro.

So, if I knew then what I know now, I’d of just kept the Trailmaster in. Worked great for me.

That's good to hear, always nice to be able to use what you have and throw money at some other upgrades... "thumbsup"

Durok, its goina go in my 2nd vs4 build. This one will have trx4 axles. Mainly trail n rock

Thanks for the input fellas! Guess ill get this one soldered up n ready then. Whoever had the motor before me (cant remember who i got it from on here) must have had it wired directly to the esc. Using the trailmaster bl will give me a lil extra to throw at my first set of VP 1.9s

Sounds like a nice setup - those are the axles I want to throw under my VS4-10 chassis rails that I have been sitting on for ages...

Hoping to build a portal-axled UMG10 - I think I have everything except axles and links!

Ive been waitin for the vs4 chassis kit to come back in stock. Twade reminded me about super shafty havin some pro chassis kits. Should have most of what i need this week. Just got my motor leads soldered on n the bec soldered to the esc.

Back