• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Ironhide13's TF2 K5 Blazer

Very unique idea, blacking out all the chrome bits and the cap..."thumbsup". Engine is very scale looking, right down to the proper firing sequence. I like the look of the smaller rims too. Are those the RC4WD 1.55 Stockers? I have the 1.7 Stockers and although they're nice, I don't like the dull finish on them. I would have liked them better if they were bright like yours. Your rig is hitting it outta the park with all the mods you've done so far...should make it work well for a long time. I'm not a real big Chevy fan, but I do like almost anything from the 70's. Well done so far. Looking forward to seeing more of this one.

Very unique idea, blacking out all the chrome bits and the cap..."thumbsup". Engine is very scale looking, right down to the proper firing sequence. I like the look of the smaller rims too. Are those the RC4WD 1.55 Stockers? I have the 1.7 Stockers and although they're nice, I don't like the dull finish on them. I would have liked them better if they were bright like yours. Your rig is hitting it outta the park with all the mods you've done so far...should make it work well for a long time. I'm not a real big Chevy fan, but I do like almost anything from the 70's. Well done so far. Looking forward to seeing more of this one.

Thank you 8)

These are the 1.7 Stockers, same as you have, with the 1.55 MT/R stretched over them. The 1.55s hadn't come out yet when I started this project. They aren't the shiniest, so maybe it's just the light and angle than makes them look brighter. You could try polishing them yourself. it's probably just the clear coat or clear anodizing that keeps them from being mirror bright.

I'm roughly basing this around a '79, mostly since it was the only year the engine wasn't orange, just to have something different. I think that's the proper GM Corporate Blue from Duplicolor.

I'm waiting on some U bolts to see if I can slide the front axle back just a hair. Or if anyone has another suggestion...?

Was wondering about the engine color, but I don't remember all the details of what model/years had orange or blue. Love the proper firing order, my old LHS shop teacher would have been excited too! 8) "thumbsup"

And I know the rear shocks were leaned in for performance, but I wanted them to be vertical. Actually, I'd want one leaned forward, and one rearward like a 1:1, but alas...
I compromised by replaced the rear shocks with slightly shorter shocks to appease me.

More performance with shocks stood up straighter generally, especially on sidehills. What length shocks and RC4WD or?

These are the 1.7 Stockers, same as you have, with the 1.55 MT/R stretched over them. The 1.55s hadn't come out yet when I started this project. They aren't the shiniest, so maybe it's just the light and angle than makes them look brighter. You could try polishing them yourself. it's probably just the clear coat or clear anodizing that keeps them from being mirror bright.

Probably correct on the clear anodize and shine, and yes could polish them yourself but then they'd be more prone to corrosion. Very sweet scale build! :)

Was wondering about the engine color, but I don't remember all the details of what model/years had orange or blue. Love the proper firing order, my old LHS shop teacher would have been excited too! 8) "thumbsup"

More performance with shocks stood up straighter generally, especially on sidehills. What length shocks and RC4WD or?

Probably correct on the clear anodize and shine, and yes could polish them yourself but then they'd be more prone to corrosion. Very sweet scale build! :)

Thank you, kind sir!
Yes, from my research, it seems '79 was the only year the truck motors were blue, and not orange. I think the cars had blue motors before then.

Why then are they leaned in on the TF2 stock? hmm...
Those are RC4WD's Superscale 70mm, RC4Z-D0045

YOu're welcome, kind sir!
Sounds about right iirc.

Eh I guess scale realism as the 1:1 was same. I played around with them on my TF2 and 1:1, stood more upright works better ime.
OK, thanks!

For some reason, the update I thought I posted didn't show up. I've added some detail goodies to the rear interior, and made the top easier to remove with magnets to show off the interior.

Don't pay much attention to the link in the back. I just use that for a hood prop!

ironhide13-95387-albums4513-67087.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason, the update I thought I posted didn't show up. I've added some detail goodies to the rear interior, and made the top easier to remove with magnets to show off the interior.

ironhide13-95387-albums4513-67087.jpg

Love the magnet idea.., think I’d be loosing the top all the time tho[emoji2958]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back