• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Internal Winch Programming

Dirtfloorpoor

I have a Reefs 800:IS installed in a Vanquish Fordyce, MambaX esc, spektrum SR415 with Spektrum DX5 Rugged. Everything works as it should except if I turn on the truck before the transmitter, the winch starts winding, if I turn on transmitter first it is fine. Is there something I have not done correctly or is that just the way it is? tia for any help!

thats just the way it is be happy the truck dosent take off on you when you plug the battery in
i would set it up so that when that happens the winch spools out and not in so you dont break something
a tangled line is easyer than fixing broken parts usualy anyway lol

You should always turn your radio on before the truck.

Sounds like failsafe. When no transmitter signal is received, the rx puts the channels at a predetermined point. From what I could find in the DX5 Rugged manual, it sounds like it is in gas mode. Electric only does throttle, gas does more channels. You could try to rebind.

ETA the manual was referring to SR315 RX so maybe that doesnt matter for the 415...I dont know Spektrum stuff very well. Turn the radio on first.

Yeah thats the failsafe thats doing that. When signal is lost it decides what to do with the throttle which is based off how it was bound.

Page 4 of the manual goes over how to set it for standard or gas modes:

Also you could just turn the radio on first (and off last) as thats what you're supposed to do.

Back