• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

instead of building from metal...

steelbed

hey i was about to make a new hilux and i wanted to do aluminum doors like parodonmyn00b but i thought the cab would be to weak if i cut the doors off. i was thinking instead it would be a good idea to glue aluminum sheets cut out of a beer can in the shape of the doors, fenders, the bed and the rest of the cab; basically everything that slides against rocks:twisted: on to the abs tamiya cab. then i would obviously paint it. the scratches i imagine would look really realistic and cool. does this sound like a good idea or has anyone done this before. i might give this a try and see how it goes. i also think it would be good to make the body linees look deeper and more realistic. tell me what you all think

Last edited:
Back