• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

injora mountain shocks

traval is bad um K
you shouldent do traval cause traval is bad um K
cause if you do traval you would be bad um K
you dont want to be bad um K
so dont do traval
cause if you do traval you would be bad and you dont want to be bad um kay

so basicly if you change traval to 120mm you end up in the same place
i guess you could change traval with just about anything and it would be just as stupid so take it however you like lol
just enjoy and have fun if you want 360° of traval thats on you buddy do you and have fun with it

I cant seem to find any info on how long the stock shocks are but I wouldn't deviate too far from stock. Personally I would leave the shocks alone.

These rigs look like they should be pretty good performers out of the box so I'm not sure I'd recommend changing much if anything. Its already what I'd call a cheater rig (as in it might not fit into a specific competition rule set) but it is setup like a comp rig with its CF rails, low front mounted motor, divorced transfer case, portal axles and portal weights up front.

Things I might look into upgrading are the steering servo and tires though I have no experience with those so they could be fine. Typically RTR servos are not very durable or powerful but they seem to talk up theirs, at least for the Fusion model.

Or just swap in the 120mm shocks you already have for science. You might as well see what it does.

Adding 30mm more travel to any crawler usually causes the center section of the drive shaft to eject itself

One reason that people make the decision to ditch shocks is due to leaking. If the 120 mm shocks you were given, leak... you might consider just keeping the factory shocks assuming they're not leaking. You can remove the internal spring to gain 5+ mm of travel in the Ascent from what I've seen.

Don't go longer it raises your CG which is going the wrong direction. Softer can be good. Try something like this:

Back