• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Ian's Bomber Build

Icbrittain44

This is the first picture that I took with it

N4BKAs9.jpg

So I bought an Axial Bomber RR10 almost two weeks ago and now it sits like this
OEeWe6U.jpg

ZafsCp2.jpg

aEuTagR.jpg

I upgraded the front lower and upper and rear upper link kit and steering linkage (Vanquish Incision IRC00060), servo (Savox SW-0231MG) and servo horn (Axial AX303836)
mgjD5yw.jpg

I added a knuckle arm and c-hub kit with wheel spacers (GPM RR019021/5D-GS). I also bought the aluminum rear lower chassis link arms (GPM YT014L-GS)
n4tdO4x.jpg

After I burned up the stock ESC and 35T motor with the aluminum/steel driveshafts (GPM, I put the original plastic back in and haven't had any binding like I did before.)

Now I have an Axial 55T Trail Breaker motor. I don't know if I like how much slower it is than the 35T Trail Breaker, so I have a new 35T Trail Breaker on the way, and both are rebuildable.
JyGi68I.jpg

Ov8XkBr.jpg

The ESC that I am running is the Axial AE-2 Forward/Reverse ESC w/drag break (Axial AX24259)
ol3IQOZ.jpg

Trying to get a good shot and the dog is all over me
kALlA06.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 to 1000% very quickly

I took all GPM parts off the Bomber and threw them in the trash, were they belong lol.

Axial 35T Trail Breaker (rebuildable)
Axial ae-2 programmed with Castle Link
Castle Creations 10A BEC
Venom 3s 5000Mah 35C... a whole new beast with these battery packs

Vanquish Anti-rock sway bar, Gearhead Trail King wheels, RC4wd stamped Mickey Thomson bead lock wheels, Steel drive shafts and 2.2 Mudslinger XL's on the way!

Q67Fp39.jpg

I bought almost all Vanquish products that I could get for this vehicle, which took up the whole surface of my table top.
7YwWkc0.jpg

Vanquish axles with HD 38/13 Axial gears and Incision spool inside F/R. Vanquish VVD's
4rxwqUu.jpg

Finished buttoning it up and took it for the initial test run.
9Qh7ZHk.jpg

Had to flex on the Wraith
yWFDVLY.jpg

New panels from Luxury RC and Gear Head roof rack installed.
1iCFf7n.jpg

It looks good on the rocks..mmmmm
6BYCpE9.jpg

9uhErck.jpg

r4o6elZ.jpg

The light bar is 7LED, 121mm and is pretty bright for the size.
Y1BivFM.jpg

All tucked up and I don't think the interior will be going back in
wubrdOA.jpg

Front axle and waterproof Savox sw-1210mg servo... I stripped the gears out of the sw-0231mg and have new gears ready for use, but the bigger servo is where its at for now.
ZxfWJDM.jpg

That bomber booty
Dp9wu1v.jpg

Hot Racing rear upper link mounts and Proline Powerstroke XT's, linked to Vanquish (Yeti) rear trailing arms
CadrAvJ.jpg

Front shocks are Proline Powerstroke Slash Rears and they are mounted to the furthest link mount, on top of the axle
29JLyvl.jpg

Rear flex on stock tires
3a4ADQC.jpg

Front flex on stock tires
8ghsB2y.jpg

The Powerstroke XT's are pretty insane
CumogqH.jpg

Last edited:
Back