• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

hybrid

lefty_josh

hey guys, was wondering if anyone with a hybrid crawler could tell me why they chose the 1/10 scale slash front end parts vise any other front end parts and as to what you did to match gear ratio's or why you are over/under driving the front or rear, i am looking to build a hybrid but want to use the 1/16 e revo parts so it is more compact, please point me in the right direction as i am hoping to try this as a general fun truck, but would like some guidance.."thumbsup"

also if you know the ideal axle for the rear please let me know as i would llike to have my parts list prepped before i open my wallet..

Last edited:
Check out the 2.2 scale forum, there is a couple of builds in there right now. I'm sure part of the reason is the parts are easy to find/get. Some of the guys are using RC4WD's solid rear axle for SC trucks. If you use your front end you might have a hard time finding a rear end that will match the front.

ok thanks, i looked around at the dorkstar build and the dmg rig as well, after looking some i see the 1/16 e revo is a 5.04:1 diff and an axial is 2.5:1 so if i made a 1:2 unit for inline with the rear axle i should be able to make this setup work correct, if im missing something let me know please

ok thanks, i looked around at the dorkstar build and the dmg rig as well, after looking some i see the 1/16 e revo is a 5.04:1 diff and an axial is 2.5:1 so if i made a 1:2 unit for inline with the rear axle i should be able to make this setup work correct, if im missing something let me know please

I think you are off on your front end ratio. I have seen the Revo front end under an SCX 10 before without any special reduction for the rear. The problem with the 1:16 stuff is that it just can't take the abuse.

thanks for the heads up harley, i saw the builds here and thought wow wonder if i could do that with the smaller stuff for a more prerunner look with out being to large, and i was gonna do 1.9 flat irons for tires, oh well either i could try and fail or just.. **** it wheres the fun in building if i cant fix it..:lmao:

You know bandit rear a arms will mount up to the front end of a slash 4x4.;-)

Just in case you still wanted to try the narrow pre runner thing."thumbsup"

Back