• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How to setup the dig on lcc help

Servo: Hitec 225 or equivalent. Hope this pic helps.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405953233906.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405953233906.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 224
I have had great success with the Losi MSX12 Digital Mini Servo. The original one that I put in there when it came out of the box years ago is still going strong after years of service. But I was very anal about setting it up.

You need a 3 channel radio. The third channel on the radio needs to be a 3 position switch (you can do it with a 2 position, but you will only get dig in one direction). Most importantly the 3rd channel has to have adjustable endpoints. The movement is so small to engage the dig that you do not want/need full throw of the servo or you will burn up the servo.

The way I set up the EPA for the dig servo. Leave the mounts to the tranny a little loose (the top left screw and washer in corkys pix above). It has elongated holes so there is a little movement of the servo case forward and back. Turn your epa's all the way to 0 travel and make sure the 3rd ch is centered. Make sure the servo is not buzzing (as under load) when it is turned on and tighten the mounts to the tranny housing down. Hope that makes sense.

With the EPA for channel 3 on the radio set at 0 (in both directions) slowly increase it until it clicks into its dig position. Do the same process to set travel the other way also. At that point may take little EPA adjustments to get it right.

A buzzing servo is not a happy servo.

Hope it helps. Please ask questions if something did not make sense.

Last edited:
Back