• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How to mount a body on a Safari Creeper

darksheep

Hi I would like to mount this body , I have the Safari Creeper and don't want to mount it using posts that stick out the top.

I was wondering if any one had done some thing like this and also wanted to know are there any frame add-on or mods i can do to change the stock bumpers to be metal.

Over all I love this kit and would like to make it a scale now. I also would like to change some parts to metal what do you think i should change first ? What brakes first ?

PS I am still very new to all this only been looking in to this stuff in the last 2 weeks.

Hi I would like to mount this body , I have the Safari Creeper and don't want to mount it using posts that stick out the top.

I was wondering if any one had done some thing like this and also wanted to know are there any frame add-on or mods i can do to change the stock bumpers to be metal.

Over all I love this kit and would like to make it a scale now. I also would like to change some parts to metal what do you think i should change first ? What brakes first ?

PS I am still very new to all this only been looking in to this stuff in the last 2 weeks.
The Creeper and Safari share the same main chassis plates but the Safari has bolt on rails to make it more scale...the Safari rails arent strong enough to support the full time use of the RC4WD body...its much heavier than the lexan body that comes with the Safari or the Creeper. Youll need to fabricate some aluminum rails to bolt the main chassis or make completely new frame rails. And that RC4WD body will need some other kind of mount other than what the Safari is designed to have so custom mounts will need to be made as well. I would email RC4WD and ask them what mounts are suggested for that body. $80USD is a lot to spend on a body and not be able to mount it properly...and securely.

Back