• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How much weight is too much

Oldyoung

I am an old timer back to the RC world after 20 years out this time at Crawler scene
I just got an Axial AX10 in very good shape full metal links, XP Digita GS1313 servo, Novak Rooster Crawler and Fifty Five motor
The wheels are weighted rear automotive lead strip 200gr each but the front ones have a mix of lead and bbs (white small balls) and in my scale they are 620 gr each
I guess is too much weight but as a newbie I rather to ask before do anything wrong
What do you guys think?

What is the RTR weight of your crawler?
Is it built to be more a scale crawler or a comp crawler?

In general, a comp crawler is 4 pounds / 1815 grams and a scale crawler is 6 pounds / 2722 grams. Your experience may vary depending on build materials. Those numbers are class weight minimums for Activated Outlaw Comp Crawlers.

The heavier the rc weighs, the harder it is on parts, including tire foams.

What is the RTR weight of your crawler?
Is it built to be more a scale crawler or a comp crawler?

In general, a comp crawler is 4 pounds / 1815 grams and a scale crawler is 6 pounds / 2722 grams. Your experience may vary depending on build materials. Those numbers are class weight minimums for Activated Outlaw Comp Crawlers.

The heavier the rc weighs, the harder it is on parts, including tire foams.
That's for competition to set minimums. People get too focused on weight numbers and forget there is a balance between weight and full performance. Light weight is just as bad for traction and too much weight.

Actual real scale rigs, not the joke of things they call scale competition, unless they are bone stock with lexan body, they ain't hitting 6lbs especially if you want any real run time aka decent sized battery.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

only you can answer that question only sayin because it depends on
your rig
your tires
your terrain
your driving style

and most important is your political affiliation cause if your crawler comes across a rock from the other side of the plume your rig could fly off the rock er

I would start pulling weight out to see if you like how it performs and go from there, you can always add it back. I have noticed that my friends who have allot of weight on their machines break more when they have a harder fall.

The answer to me is NONE. I haven't ran wheel weight in at least 8 years. I run a bunch of knuckle weight and my parts breakage has gone way down since then. My driving style is a bit uhh spirited I'd say so light wheel weight makes for instant acceleration and deceleration.

Reading all the answers I decided to try a mid point setting now the wheels weight 300 gr less each so testing time is already begin I can add or substract depending on how the rigs perform and let you guys know

Back