• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How much weight added to GOM?

JaoQuinz

Hi,

I am looking to climb as steep a possible.

I weighed my GOM and it came in at 3.5kg all in. Each plastic wheel with Hyrax tyre and memory foam came in at 175gms. I searched the forums and all say less rotational mass is best, unsprung weight good etc. It does well with the 540 23T brushed motor in stock form so far on a 48 degree incline.

I wonder what you guys run on your GOMs. 3.5kgs (7.7lbs) seems average, wonder how much wheel weights can I run before it becomes detrimental to the drivetrain. And can't seem to find any aftermarket axle weights short of changing everything to the junfac aluminum knuckles.

What are my options, or is GOM's weight distribution perfect and I shouldn't mess with it?

Gmade buffalo
For a lil extra weight I went with a 2.2" wheel 1' wide. With 1.9" tires mounted.

I added SCX10.2 heavy str knuckles and brass from the 10.2 to the rear axle. Stock shock springs I cut 1 coil off and mounted them to the lower link location.

Back