• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

how many servos on one channel?

lordjasper1988

Pebble Pounder
hey guys i have had a thought on modding my scx10 and tt-01. i want to put interiors in both but i wanna animate the drivers heads and the searing wheels. and i wanna run 3 servos off the steering channel. 1 for the steering 1 for the head and 1 for the steering wheel.

so what i want to know is, is it possible to run more than 2 servos off the steering channel without another reciever?

i have a 3 ch spektrum dx3e and latest reciever programing. if i just need a 1-3 splitter the i can make one but if not tgen ill need help lol.

thank you in advance for any help :)

yes. you can run multiple servos off one channel. get yourself a BEC.
also you have to be careful of rotation when mounting them. otherwise you may end up with steering the tires left and turning the wheel and head left, although they do make servo reversers for airplane use which can help that.
I have run multiple servos for lighting purposes running snap switches, for example hitting a switch to get reverse lights to come on, or turn signals.

i have no experience or knowledge on bec's so if anything id like to stay away from them. there won't really be a load on the servos so i shouldn't need any extra power.

i have no experience or knowledge on bec's so if anything id like to stay away from them. there won't really be a load on the servos so i shouldn't need any extra power.

You don't really need knowledge. You buy it and program it simply to what volts you wanna run to your servo(s), plug it in to a spare channel and your done "thumbsup"

I run 3 servos off one channel for the same things you want to. I have a HS-5645 for steering, older Futaba for steering wheel and a micro for the head. I run a HH BR-Xl and just use the internal BEC with no issues at all.
You will need 2 "Y" harnesses and depending on your layout one may need to be reversing to get everything turning the same direction.

You will likely be fine without running an external BEC as I suspect that you will be running very small servos to do the steering wheel and head turning.
If you need to reverse a servo, you can but a circuit that will reverse your servo, but if you can solder you can do it yourself for free. There are threads about how to do this but basically you take apart the servo and reverse the wires that feed power to the servo motor and also reverse the two outer wires on the position sensing pot.

Good luck! Sounds like a cool project.

You will likely be fine without running an external BEC as I suspect that you will be running very small servos to do the steering wheel and head turning.
If you need to reverse a servo, you can but a circuit that will reverse your servo, but if you can solder you can do it yourself for free. There are threads about how to do this but basically you take apart the servo and reverse the wires that feed power to the servo motor and also reverse the two outer wires on the position sensing pot.

Good luck! Sounds like a cool project.

That is true, it is very easy to reverse a servo, but you will still need 2 "Y"'s and the price was the same for me. Made it easier.

hey guys thanks a lot and yeah I'm gunna use micro servos for head and steering wheel but its a concept at the moment I'm waiting till i get my rx7 body for my drifter and make up an interior for my scx10, won't be till at least next year but ill let you all know when i go ahead and I'm good at soldering so i should be able to sort the wiring :) thanks again.

Back