• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Honcho to Hilux

flascx10

Quarry Creeper
I have a RTR Honcho that I've been building, and now I want to switch it up after two Honcho bodies. I know I have to:
Shorten links-> http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/ax30549.htm
Buy the Hilux cab & bed
Does the cab and bed come with all the light lenses, grille peices, and windows? I plan on ordering the cab and bed from RPP. Is this all I have to do?
I know that there are two different cabs on RPP, one with no back window or wall, and one with back window and wall. Are they both legit???

Pics, comments, and tips are very welcome. "thumbsup"

unfortunatly you will have to order 6 different pieces to fully complete a hilux body. I myself ordered from them on sunday a full hilux body without glass and it came to 70 bucks, hell of a deal if you ask me. You will need the grill, bumpers, cab, bed and lenses, as well as windows if you want.

Dozed- haha its ok bud. My girlfriend's family is french, I know what you mean.
Crawling-wallz- they don't sell a kit with everything that you need? You have to buy it all seperate? Where is the best place?

I remember you were all crazy about the whole Jeep body, even right wheelbase that you have. Yeah everything comes separately, I already checked, at least 5 items (in your case 6) to complete it, I already checked for a complete set, no luck.

Last edited:
i like the fact that they sell it seperatly, because if you crack the front grill, you can buy the part individually, instead of buying a whole kit all over again. Know what i mean?? Here is a link where you can get everything you need man. You will need a front cab, bumpers, lens, rear bed, windows, as well as the grill.

http://www.rpphobby.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=hilux Pick out what ever you want, but what you need i listed up there (in order to make the body). The body will fit the axial scx10 with the wheel base of 11.1" or if you have the honcho that has a wheelbase of 12.3" you will need to shorten your wheel base on the honcho. Hope this helps

I remember you were all crazy about the whole Jeep body, even right wheelbase that you have. Yeah everything comes separately, I already checked, at least 5 items (in your case 6) to complete it, I already checked for a complete set, no luck.

I would get the Jeep body, but nobody makes one that is a hard body, and a yj that is as realistic as the H2 Hummer ones.

I would get the Jeep body, but nobody makes one that is a hard body, and a yj that is as realistic as the H2 Hummer ones.

to be honest, a lexan body is not too realistic, but it is very durable on the other hand. While a plastic body will crack and break much easier, but it is very realistic

Cool bud, well now I'm going to have to change my Hilux plan to a Honlux now, half Honcho and Half Hilux.
I did find a New Bright hard body high detail Jeep body thats close to a YJ, only difference is that it has circular head lights and is 4 door.

Last edited:
Cool bud, well now I'm going to have to change my Hilux plan to a Honlux now, half Honcho and Half Hilux.
I did find a New Bright hard body high detail Jeep body thats close to a YJ, only difference is that it has circular head lights and is 4 door.

You could call it a Ho-lux??? Send me the link, I want to see!!!

Back