• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Holmes Hobbies Trailmaster BLE Pro Questions

saddlesore

Quarry Creeper
Need some Holmes Hobbies ESC help from experts out there.

I broke down and bought a HH Trailmaster BLE Pro ESC for my rig. Installed it and paired it to my radio and programmed it using Castle Link. I have it hooked up to a 4068 size 2400kv sensored motor geared with an 18t pinion since its the only size that will work. The motor can is so huge that running a smaller pinion would be impossible.

The ESC is programmed with default values except i changed the drag brake to 20% and BEC to 7.0v.

I noticed that when the car is idle for 20 seconds the ESC blinks and beeps. Is this normal? Also i noticed cogging when running with my 4s battery (35c). The startup is not smooth at all. When i run it w my 3s battery (45c) the startup is much better and no cogging. Can anyone recommend a setting that would eliminate the cogging with my 4s battery? Also whats the deal with the beeping at idle?

thanks in advance!

It will blink/ beep on a regular basis(30 sec?) that tells you it's ready.
Cog wise, ask JRH or Robert from castle here on the forum

Hang up and Drive

You should be able to disable the Idle/Power-On Warning Beep via the Castle Link; it's a "safety" feature that reminds you the ESC is armed, active and ready to go. Some people find it to be distracting or annoying so we give you the ability to disable it. I'm fairly certain it's available on the HH Trailmaster BLE as it is with a Castle branded ESC.

It should be located on the Basic tab, the setting is called "Power-On Warning Beep"; just set it to "Beep Disabled", update it, and you're good to go!

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations

Back