• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Holmes Crawlermaster Sport 550 12t

If you are used to touring cars and racing buggies, the super low crawler gearing might just be messing with you. You can push a touring car very easily, and it will roll off power. Crawlers have easily 4x or more gearing, so they do not roll easily off power. There's just too much mechanical friction.

If the pinion mesh seems ok, motor and drivetrain all turn freely, and your motor is not running super hot you're fine.

running over drive gears in the transmission would exaggerate the drag felt in the gears when pushd on flat ground cause the front and rear wheels turn at differnt speeds causing binding in the drivetrain

Cheers guys. Appreciate all the help. I’ll post some pics of my truck when I get chance.

Thanks again.

Back