• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Holiday Deals!

Have no idea what I did or who I pleased to get this lucky, but I'll take it!!:lmao:

:ror:

Let me know when you figure it out. That might be the way.

I am finding that sometimes the automated settings work brilliantly, other times not so much. It seems the supports will build in undesirable locations if I slice the file with it set to print in a less than optimal position.

I caved on the now discontinued Vanquish VS4-10 Pro kit in black. I wanted clear, but was unable to find one of those at retail price. I used the 10% discount code on Tower Hobbies website and saved $70.

I picked up a few different things, NSDRC had a good sale on servos so I picked up a RS800V2 RS500B RS400 Winch and some adaptor plates. Hobbywing also got me and I picked up a Max10 80amp, 1800kv Fusion SE and a 1080 Combo. I was super close to picking up a Hammer Rey for the 399 price but never pulled the trigger. A few things from Amain as well to finish some long term projects. My Wallet is hurting...
There are gonna be a lot of packages coming this week

Last edited:
:ror:

Let me know when you figure it out. That might be the way.

I am finding that sometimes the automated settings work brilliantly, other times not so much. It seems the supports will build in undesirable locations if I slice the file with it set to print in a less than optimal position.

I can say that I struggled with bed leveling and adhesion at first. Once I learned how to level and keep it level it has been fairly easy. I did learn to that wiping the bed with alcohol (not the drinking kind:ror:) that it made a huge difference with adhesion. When it comes to supports, I know use trees. They use a lot less filament and speed up the printing process.

Once I find and figure out more of the secrets that I apparently possess, I'll let you know!;-)

I can say that I struggled with bed leveling and adhesion at first. Once I learned how to level and keep it level it has been fairly easy. I did learn to that wiping the bed with alcohol (not the drinking kind:ror:) that it made a huge difference with adhesion. When it comes to supports, I know use trees. They use a lot less filament and speed up the printing process.

Once I find and figure out more of the secrets that I apparently possess, I'll let you know!;-)
I sold my printer but man it was tricky. But you hit 2 major major paints. Bed level and adhesion! Bed leveling I think was the biggest thing in my case. I also used a regular old Elmer's glue stick on the bed right before it was ready to print and worked great with helping the adhesion. But focus on Bed leveing very very first in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Ah yeah, bed leveling is automated on this one so thankfully not something I have to mess with.
I found a good tutorial on the Bambu slicer. It's been super helpful. I now know exactly what went wrong.
I sense this thing is going to be quite fun

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

Ah yeah, bed leveling is automated on this one so thankfully not something I have to mess with.
I found a good tutorial on the Bambu slicer. It's been super helpful. I now know exactly what went wrong.
I sense this thing is going to be quite fun

My Prusa has automatic bed leveling as well and it's so convenient. Much less frustrating to use than my Monoprice Select Mini.

Now we will wait to see what you print.

My Prusa has automatic bed leveling as well and it's so convenient. Much less frustrating to use than my Monoprice Select Mini.

Now we will wait to see what you print.
So far using this printer has been surprisingly straight forward.
Now that I am using this tapatalk app I will have to get go updating a couple of my threads

So far using this printer has been surprisingly straight forward.
Now that I am using this tapatalk app I will have to get go updating a couple of my threads

I’ve had a printer for a while, now on my second one, but I know for a fact the issues I’ve had dealing with adhesion and warped build plates has kept me from using them as much as I could.

From what I’ve seen on the Bambu printers they could be one of the most straightforward printers to use. And the high speed printing option, not to mention ams setup opens a lot of potential depending on what you’re doing.

I’ve been very tempted to step up to one, but just haven’t been able to justify the cost based on how much I end up using my current printer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had a printer for a while, now on my second one, but I know for a fact the issues I’ve had dealing with adhesion and warped build plates has kept me from using them as much as I could.

From what I’ve seen on the Bambu printers they could be one of the most straightforward printers to use. And the high speed printing option, not to mention ams setup opens a lot of potential depending on what you’re doing.

I’ve been very tempted to step up to one, but just haven’t been able to justify the cost based on how much I end up using my current printer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have a point of comparison, but yeah it's impressive how fast it works. I am currently learning the slicer. I think I have the basics down but definitely need more time on it.

Setting the bed temp and leveling are all automated and so far things have been sticking. One piece did not but it was definitely user error. Currently i am focusing on being sure to orient the print on the plate optimally and setting my supports as efficiently as possible. The prints are getting better but some of the detailed ones could be set up better methinks.

I can see how this printer will have periods of inactivity. There is only so much I will want and or need to print. One I do want to get to though is tire inserts

For the past 2 years, I've been running the Prusa MK3s+. It's been great, but since I print in the garage, I do deal with issues for tall thin prints since I don't have an enclosure, and potentially effects from bed slinging motion. I just got the Bambu X1C and man.... it's a game changer for me. It just has so many features and seems pretty well polished. Printing is also much faster!

also... some holiday deals posted on reddit

Last edited:
For the past 2 years, I've been running the Prusa MK3s+. It's been great, but since I print in the garage, I do deal with issues for tall thin prints since I don't have an enclosure, and potentially effects from bed slinging motion. I just got the Bambu X1C and man.... it's a game changer for me. It just has so many features and seems pretty well polished. Printing is also much faster!

also... some holiday deals posted on reddit

The Bambu is better than the Prusa? I don't even remember the Bambu name when I was researching printers before I bought my Prusa. The Bambu is more than twice what I paid for my Prusa i3...something though.

The Bambu is better than the Prusa? I don't even remember the Bambu name when I was researching printers before I bought my Prusa. The Bambu is more than twice what I paid for my Prusa i3...something though.

Bambu is relatively new. Started by ex-employees of DJI.

Totally worth it for me so far. You can get the cheaper P1S rather than the X1Carbon.

Main thing I wanted was a Core XY printer with an enclosure. Printing is much faster, although you do need to tweak the settings if you're printing PETG.

The user interface, camera, etc. are nice as well.

Bambu is relatively new. Started by ex-employees of DJI.

Totally worth it for me so far. You can get the cheaper P1S rather than the X1Carbon.

Main thing I wanted was a Core XY printer with an enclosure. Printing is much faster, although you do need to tweak the settings if you're printing PETG.

The user interface, camera, etc. are nice as well.

Very cool! "thumbsup" I think if I was going to buy another 3D printer it would be a resin printer.

Idk if this is a holiday deal, but I noticed the Base Camp kit is 200 bucks on Amain for anyone interested.

I was keeping an eye out and didn't see any sales anywhere... nothing in my e-mails either. I checked Amain and Horizon and they had a few things on sale, but not much. The Hammer Rey (red version only) was marked down by about $100, that was about it.

Back