• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hi Tec 7950 servo cover Summit R/C Products

dingo2010

Pebble Pounder
!!!PRICE REDUCTION!!!
I am reducing the price to $45.00 ea. shipped USPS conus. If you purchase more than 1 at a time the first one will be $45.00 and the others will be $40.00 ea.. I have 22 left and will not be making anymore once these are sold.
1 = $45.00
2 = $85.00
3 = $125.00

Thanks for looking!

Hey guys I have decided to join the vendor section after watching for some time now so here it goes.

Summit R/C Products
GEAR SAVER
Hi Tec 7950 servo cover

I have designed and manufactured a billet aluminum servo cover for the Hi Tec 7950 servo. It is made from 6061 aluminum and is designed to keep your 7950 from damaging the bushings or plastic around the bushings and causing your servo to strip gears. It also allows for the removal of servo armor on your comp rig, since it is made from aluminum it can handle impact that would normally harm a stock plastic cover (it does not however make it indestructible). The front of the cover was designed to have a closer fit to the heavy duty servo arm to reduce the torque on the splined gear. These will be sold for $55.00 shipped USPS conus, with new machine screws to replace the ones that thread into the plastic cover from the back of the servo you reuse the front screws and all of the stock seals that come with the 7950.

Orders will be shipped Monday thru Friday after receipt of funding from paypal.

I currently have 42 to sell and will only run more if there is a demand for them.

Weight comparison:
Stock plastic cover with 4 stock screws = 9.072 grams
Aluminum cover with replacement screws = 14.515 grams

Paypal: robert@summitprecision.com

Attachments

• DSCN2218.JPG1.JPG
    DSCN2218.JPG1.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 2,047
  • DSCN2219.JPG
    DSCN2219.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 1,944
  • DSCN2228.jpg
    DSCN2228.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 1,966
  • DSCN2229.jpg
    DSCN2229.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 2,689
  • 20140803_094950.jpg
    20140803_094950.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 2,024
Last edited:
Nice idea. Money sent for two.
I like no need for servo mount reinforcement.

I hadn't really though about it since people mount servos different ways, so it was designed to just replace the stock plasic housing. If I incorporated the mounts it would limit some cms set ups.
thanks

Very cool having these made out of aluminum. I was starting to go away from servos with plastic because I've broken ears off to many times. And this is a much stronger option. Glad to see these. "thumbsup"

Doug thanks for the write up. I guess it didn't dawn on me to reduce the diameter of the mounting holes in the cover, I just machined in what was already done on the plastic one. That can be changed on future runs. The bushing inside I didn't feel was necessary because the gears all have slip fit holes and rotate on the pins. My thoughts were that Hitek put in bushing because the plastic could not hold up to the side loading of the pin from the gears. Sheepdawg23wm and I ran these for a year in pro 1 with PARC (Sheepdawg23wm ran it at nationals in Prescott) before releasing them for sale, they have held up great so far. I think it will perform great for you, and please post up or pm me if you have any suggestions or problems."thumbsup"

Rob

Is it possible to get one machined for a Hitec 7980? I know there a bit larger but I'm very interested in one.
Thanks.

I would have been open to it when I first built these but the response to these has been slow. So at this time I would not invest my time and money to design and build these for a different servo. As it is when these are gone I won't me making anymore.
thanks,
rob

Back