• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

HG P417 - Tamiya High Lift Clone

Yeah odd naming calling it middle east. It could just as easily be a deep south, redneck, hog hunting truck. :ror:

I like it. I wonder what issues it will have.

Guess everyone would like a "non-camo" version ... (BTW: Cant remember any camo versions from "Middle East" ;) ).

Hopefully a kit version will be released.
Like this version with smaller tires and rollbar better than the Bruiser Clone version.

Hi,
new HG P409
[URL="https://www.banggood.com/HG-P409-1-or-10-2_4G-4WD-RC-Car-Pickup-Truck-Rock-Crawler-without-Battery-Charger-Model-p-1683243.html?p=6S2910081756201209IA&custlinkid=917821"]

showatt.php

[/URL]

Last edited:
I took the plunge and recently bought one of the new HG-P417 "Middle East 4x4 Pickup" trucks in the "desert camouflage" colour scheme. I thought the colour better suited the truck than the "army green" version. For those that want a plain colour you should look for the HG-P409 instead in either black or white. Anyway, this is my first HengGuan truck but I do have an original Tamiya Toyota High Lift to compare it against. First impressions for me were actually positive and for the price it seems to be better quality than expected. Of course only time will tell whether it turns out to be durable and robust but for less than half the price of the Tamiya product, I felt it was worth the gamble.

I made a video to show how the truck looks straight from the box and to let you see all the details in close-up for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsdJEtLqN4E&t=1s

I will be very interested to see how the truck performs as time goes on. Certainly the Chinese Bruiser clone has a lot of good reviews but also many horror stories. I think my "TOYATO" will make an interesting crawler project truck so I'd be interested in suggestions for upgrades I can make.

Back