• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help with battery adaptor

Ohmboy234

Greetings all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I bought a TRX4 from my LHS last week and I need your help finding a battery connector adapter. All of my packs use XT60 connecters.

I first bought one of these, but it would not fit in the Traxxas ID plug on the ESC.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132166759875?epid=1462459299&hash=item1ec5c0b5c3:g:TbMAAOSwJ4hY-p6b

I then bought one of these not noticing one end was square so it ended up couldn't use it either.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184894655189?hash=item2b0c948ad5:g:zywAAOSwae9gy4Jy

What adapter fit on these ID connecters?

Last edited:
I can’t help you with the correct adapter, as I’ve never used a Traxxas plug.

Have you considered soldering an xt60 to your Esc? It’s fairly straight forward, and if you don’t have the means to solder yourself, you should be able to have it done at your hobby shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first ebay link... that should be the correct one. Same exact one that I used before switching all my male/ female connectors over to XT60. I will say that they fit pretty tight... maybe that's the issue?

You need an adapter with XT females.
Or, if you have only XT batteries: go solder a XT male on the ESC, or even better: just change the crappy XL5 with a Hobbywing 1080. If you can sell the XL5, do it.
If you need the red power plug for lights or whatever, there's adapters for this, too.

If you can't solder: get an adapter wire from a charger, cut the ESCs wires and use something like Wago 221-413 oder -415 to connect. Solder free and good for lots of amps. Also allows to add lights, BEC, HV-Servo, Winch and/or Sound.

Last edited:
Back