• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help*** Trx-4 2 Spd Gear ratios, for project

Rav3n

Hello,

I've been searching around like crazy and im still unsure if i have it correct or not, Hopefully someone can confirm,

I'm currently building an 8x8 tilt tray truck, I used the HG 3 spd trans which was a total waste of money after it snapped teeth off in the first few minutes :(

I have pulled the trans and swapped in my trx4 2 spd but obviously the ratio is wayy out now judging by the smokiness of the motor haha, im guessing due to the lack of reduction at the diffs, i have since swapped my 1:1 center transfer box for a standard Scx10 gearbox and this has helped the ratio become more inline, But its still a bit two high even in first gear, and running hot, Standard Pinion/Spur

I'm hoping someone could tell me the input rpm and output rpm IE: 21t 550 around 19500rpm on 3s = x rpm on the output, Or with standard pinion/spur what the reduction is at the output shaft.

Sorry i find all of this a little confusing, but im trying to figure out if a 775 size motor and reduction box would be more suitable to this behemoth of a rig but need to work out the suitable ratio to be around 1st gear on a trx-4

Actually even if its faster but still has the power with larger motor to not cook whilst being crawled would fine as well

Sorry for the long winded approach

I have ordered a 9t pinion tonight along with a rs570 size motor that works out around 35t (slightly bigger than 550 but will fit)

I was hoping to not have to use a traxxas box, But i guess the Complete cnc replacements are coming down in price and would look nice in my trx4 :ror:

Thanks for the input

Back