• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help removing glued cut tires from wheel

AnimalHippie

RCC Addict
Hey guys, I have these 2.2 tires that I was given that are cut down to 4.75ish area that are glued to some plastic wheels. Is there any way of ungluing them from the plastic wheels without messing up the glue joints on the tires? I don't care about the wheels since 2 of the hubs are stripped out. Not sure what tires they are but they're cool looking and might end up being my mud tires. If I can get them dismounted and find some cheap 2.2s for my Trx. Thanks in advance for any help and direction! It's much appreciated!!! :badger:
305d9ae6f4359e70310ea7b0dd8eff4e.jpg

42d5415b0c68eb977db0f437c7984806.jpg

9609b0ff4e9082a67f017dc7047e5a30.jpg

I would try cutting the center of wheel/spokes out , then trying using a Dremel sanding drum and going at the rim from inside out... All I got ..
Tires look like some I have seen on the amazon website....
Good luck.

ive had good luck leaving them in the sun then slowly pealing the tire back also vary carfull use of a exsacto knife and slowly scraping at the plastic while putting presure on the bead of the tire as long as you go slow and just scrape the rubber off the plastic you should be ok

Carefully wick acetone into the bead with a small glue brush or q-tip. Let it sit for a few minutes, then try working the tire off the wheel. It may take several applications of acetone, but it will work eventually.

Thank you guys for the advice. I went ahead and tried out Bob's way and so far so good. Have only done one tire so far. Have broke a couple of the sidewall glue joints but that shouldn't be hard to fix. Any suggestions on adhesive for regluing? I've used E6000 for almost all my RC adhesive needs so far. Will that do the trick? I also found these are rc4wd rock crushers or a knock off of one. Thanks again guys!!! "thumbsup"

Thank you guys for the advice. I went ahead and tried out Bob's way and so far so good. Have only done one tire so far. Have broke a couple of the sidewall glue joints but that shouldn't be hard to fix. Any suggestions on adhesive for regluing? I've used E6000 for almost all my RC adhesive needs so far. Will that do the trick? I also found these are rc4wd rock crushers or a knock off of one. Thanks again guys!!! "thumbsup"

Glad it's working out for you. As for tire glue, It's been a long time since I've glued tires, but Zap-A-Gap CA tire glue always worked very well for me.

Back