• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help me pick a crawler

I'm not doubting the quality of VP's parts. It's more of a question of how far do I want to dig. Get a RTR, and if I don't get super into it, I'm done.

I'm not doubting the quality of VP's parts. It's more of a question of how far do I want to dig. Get a RTR, and if I don't get super into it, I'm done.

When’s the bronco showing up??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I picked it up yesterday afternoon. My LHS had 3 in stock. 2 white ones, and the teal blue

o0mymq30miua1.jpg

P.S. I totally forgot that all my batteries are xt90s, so the first mod is cutting off the stock ones for the esc/ receiver.

Just my recommendation. Maybe switch your current battery plugs to XT60? Majority of crawler electronics will likely come with XT60 plugs.

Haha, I picked it up yesterday afternoon. My LHS had 3 in stock. 2 white ones, and the teal blue

o0mymq30miua1.jpg

P.S. I totally forgot that all my batteries are xt90s, so the first mod is cutting off the stock ones for the esc/ receiver.

Very nice!

Thoughts on the scx10.3 bronco after driving it for a couple of months.

The panhards are already metal in the box, so those don't need to be replaced.

Yeah, it needed 90mm shocks instead of the 100mm. So I just relocated them downward.

It's either torque twist, or the shock ends are terrible because the rear shocks keep popping off.

2nd gear is not much different than 1st gear.

The dig is temperamental.

It goes over most stuff on my walks. But I can see how adding brass covers, and knuckles would improve the CoG.

Thoughts on the scx10.3 bronco after driving it for a couple of months.

The panhards are already metal in the box, so those don't need to be replaced.

Yeah, it needed 90mm shocks instead of the 100mm. So I just relocated them downward.

It's either torque twist, or the shock ends are terrible because the rear shocks keep popping off.

2nd gear is not much different than 1st gear.

The dig is temperamental.

It goes over most stuff on my walks. But I can see how adding brass covers, and knuckles would improve the CoG.

Other then the shock end issue, I’m not surprised to hear the report.

More importantly are you happy with it, and do you foresee buying another rig?

Yeah, it's a fun rig to have on walks. For what I've been doing the tires seem fine. I can see why people would change of the foams/ tires for crawling on rocks.

I'm thinking of adding a few tow shackles, and upgrade the scale lighting. Still gotta find a figure that looks good in the bronco.

If/ when I get another, I'll likely be building from a kit.

Yeah, it's a fun rig to have on walks. For what I've been doing the tires seem fine. I can see why people would change of the foams/ tires for crawling on rocks.

I'm thinking of adding a few tow shackles, and upgrade the scale lighting. Still gotta find a figure that looks good in the bronco.

If/ when I get another, I'll likely be building from a kit.

VP's top doggy. Just saying.

Back