• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Help matching electrics? Battery, Motor, ESC

Tire for Hire

Rock Stacker
Hello all,
I have built the Axial Dingo kit and I’m ready to buy electronics. I have a few questions that I hope someone can help answer. I’m looking at doing this on the cheap and upgrading to a rebuild-able motor later. I'm thinking of the Outcry Crawler Single Motor ESC (Part Number Z-E0007) from RC4WD, along with the RC4WD 540 35T Brushed Motor. I have a couple of LiPos that I used for my helicopters. I have 3S 15C 11.1v 800mAh and 3S 20C 11.1v 1800 mAh Lipos. I’m not sure how to tell what batteries will work with the ESC. Can I use what I have?

I picked the motor and ESC for the cost.

I’m also using the stock spur gear for now. What size pinion gear should I get?

I've been watching youtube videos and reading forum posts all day yesterday. I found lots on batteries, motors, and ESCs just nothing on matching them up.

My fear is that I will smoke something here if I make the wrong choice.

Any help that you can offer would be appreciated.

If you do get an outcry, you will need an external lipo cutoff because the esc is lacking one. Nothing should burn up though as long as you take care of everything. It says on their website that is capable of 4s lipos so you should be fine with using what you have but I would use the 1800's because the 800 15c is lacking for a scaler I would think. As for pinion, I can't help you there. If you don't want to buy an external cutoff, just get 30 posts or buy a star and search the classifieds. There are tons of esc's for sale that would work. Hope I helped

Well I decided to go with the Novak Eiger pro combo. It comes with an external BEC, Lipo cutoff, adjustable drag brake, ball bearing 35T re-build-able brushed motor. for about 120.00 or so.

Well I decided to go with the Novak Eiger pro combo. It comes with an external BEC, Lipo cutoff, adjustable drag brake, ball bearing 35T re-build-able brushed motor. for about 120.00 or so.

If you haven't made your order yet you can do much better than Novak for similar money.

Holmes Hobbies comes to mind.

You really cant go wrong with the Outcry. Drag brake seems plenty strong, not Holmes Hold strong but does the job. Grab a low voltage alarm and your set with the Outcry.

I run the Outcry with a RC4WD 35T sealed can. Not the most expensive setup but does the job for me. That sealed can motor even seems to last while being run on 4s! Im pretty surprised about that.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well thanks for the info and the advise. I ended up with the FXR and a Tekin 35T combo from my LHS. It's awesome, though I don't have anything to compare it too.

Thanks again!

Back