• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

help!:confused about motors-what to buy?

Tom94offroaduk

Pebble Pounder
i currently run a 540, brushed motor, i defanatly want to upgrade, what motor should i look at? , my rig is not full comp use but more for leisure use but with performance.
Novak motors any good? and if i bought a novak fifty five brushed motor for example, is there any thing else i would need?
hope you can help. "thumbsup"
Tom

Last edited:
We need more info to better recommend an motor for you.
What vehicle?
What battery?
tire size?
and Gearing?

2.2 tires, weighted.
1800mah nimh battery
hpi racing-maverick rig
1:48 super low gear ratio

With a low gearing and low voltage I would suggest a 45t even a cheap integy would work fine for your application. You will notice a drop in your run times and low end power but you will see a great increase in wheel speed.

With a low gearing and low voltage I would suggest a 45t even a cheap integy would work fine for your application. You will notice a drop in your run times and low end power but you will see a great increase in wheel speed.

this might sound like a question for the beginner section but, higher the number= less speed but more torque? or other way around?

this might sound like a question for the beginner section but, higher the number= less speed but more torque? or other way around?

Yes more turns a motor has the slower it will be, but it'll have greater torque. The lower the amount of turns = more wheel speed but less torque. You always have to give up something to gain something.

Back