• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Has anyone done the lift kit?

gator_08

Hey guys, first post here, I have my self a bronco and I absolutely love it, but right from the start my biggest issue was clearance and not enough of it haha.

So long story short i went ahead and ordered my self the lift kit from Amain and some 2.2s and as I'm waiting for it to come in i have tried to find anything and everything on the lift kit on any TRX, and for some reason, there is no pictures, no posts, no YouTube videos, nothing. The only thing I can find is the pictures from SEMA literally nothing else. I know it's fairly new but I know people who already have it, not sure why no one has put out any content on it.

Anyone know why that is... I'm really curious because I'm nervous I'm going to completely ruin the look of the truck and make it look ridiculous with HUGE tires and a lift kit.

So do any of you guys have pics or info on it? Literally anything you have on it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm starting to get nervous that no ones posting about it for a reason... like it's stupid or something haha

Thanks in advance! "thumbsup"

Start moving as much weight as possible down lower in the vehicle...

Because the most common reaction to the lift kit being mentioned is that the center of gravity is high enough on the TRTX-4 as-is, and it will make that even worse.

Find everything brass that you can for around the axle area...

And resist the temptation to get XL-sized 2.2" tires, keep the diameter somewhat in check.

Or, just drive it verrry slooowly... "thumbsup"

The Bronco is a little bit better for weight distribution than the Defender, I'd put it close to the Tactical where weight up high is concerned. 2.2s and the lift kit will raise your CoG appreciably.

The Bowhouse low CoG battery tray makes a big difference and you could add the XL crossmember so that long packs can be used. The next thing would be brass knuckle weights on the front to improve weight distribution and see how you go.

A lot of clearance problems are fixable by gaining more experience picking better lines. I've been hung up on the only larger stone on a trail sometimes and other times have managed to pass places that looked nearly impossible. Practice crawling as much as you can. Watching YouTube videos and analyzing the lines taken often helps as well.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Interesting... I did order a sammix brass kit for the front. But I'm still on the fence for the lift kit. I really like the scale look and i roll it enough as it is. I really like the truck the way it is now so maybe I will send it back. I can always get a different truck to tinker with 2.2s Thanks for the input

Effin' ridiculous...

it was funny when he showed that a CI Cell Block vehicle stand wouldn't even touch the skid - that means it's got roughly 4.25" or more clearance at that point.

I think the kit looks cool. I don't really care for the bigger wheels and tires. I would like to see it on 1.9 and on 1.55 set with a full droop. I think it would look interesting. also have a lot of articulation. just my two cents.

I think the kit looks cool. I don't really care for the bigger wheels and tires. I would like to see it on 1.9 and on 1.55 set with a full droop. I think it would look interesting. also have a lot of articulation. just my two cents.

I'll confess that if I had one (and a TRX-4, of course) I'd install it and try different bodies and wheel/tire sets at various stages of suspension compression.

It is likely that certain combinations would both look realistic and perform well, but the problem here is that...

:shock:

They are marketing it as a way to run 2.2" tires...

Boo...Hiss... :lmao:

(and on that Blazer, in the video - OMG, what a pig of a thing that is set up that way!)

(...and pretty damn expensive, for what you get - should come with titanium or at least SS links)

(Shoot, I keep having more thoughts come to mind - If you built a completely stripped TRX-4 - as in removed most of the plastic undercarriage and inner fenders - and turned it into some sort of pseudo Wroncho style vehicle - again, that COULD be cool!)

Last edited:
HsfUiSP.jpg

Mine came out good I think haha

https://pasteboard.co/HsfUiSP.jpg

Back