• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hard Body Help

DaBomb6988

I have an old Clod Buster body. Its a little rough with a lot of holes and other war wounds. What works best for filling holes? Bondo like you get at the parts store? Also, mine has the big indent in the hood where the supercharger went. What would be best to make that hood flat again? Is there a thread about this somewhere? I searched a while and found a lot on painting, but not much on body repairs.

You can use plastic safe paint and don't forget to use primer.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

If you look in paint and body now theres a guy that mad a cowl to go over the super charge hood out of styrene and it looks pretty cool i think

I make them ready to glue on.

i have a cowl from hoosierdady on my clod body.
just to give you an idea of how it looks.
jaty7ehu.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Most people full in the hood with a piece of styrene then shape to match the center raised line. Then body filler, whether the one part Bondo brand glaze or Squadron modeling specific. I've used both and prefer Bondo but really you could use either.

I've painted dozens of bodies and have use hardware store rattle cans and Tamiya/Modelmaster/Testors spray cans. I had better results with hardware store stuff honestly. Never used plastic specific paint and never had issues. Also rarely primer except when I've done body filler. Best to even out the under color before final color spray. Better results. Again, don't really need plastic specific.

Back