• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gearing

TheHootline

I’ve been tasked with getting TRX4’s for all the nieces and nephews, need to have seven ([emoji849][emoji23]) up and running total. I’ve scrounged up a variety of motors, currently have a mix of Hobbywing Fusion 1800kv, Hobbywing Axe 540 2300kv, and Hobbywing Axe 550 2700kv setups. Need advice on gearing, some of these are going to be shipped so I have one shot at making them good to go out of the box. Assuming they all have the stock spur, should I change the pinion on any of these? Most of them have the stock 11t pinion. All going on regular 2 speed trucks running 3s packs, no sport models. The 2700kv 550 normally comes with a 12(?) tooth pinion, but the previous owner had a 14 tooth on it. Advice is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I run 9/45 on all my 3S trucks. Good low speed resolution and plenty of top end. But that's my preference - I like a lot of low end. 11/45 is ok, certainly not out of the ballpark.

Buy a bunch of 9T pinions, and a couple of 11T pinions for any motors with 5mm shafts-- in other words, run the smallest pinion that will fit. The TRX-4 2-speed on 2700kv is a rocket.

Thanks guys, something to consider. Have an extra 1800kv Fusion, may just have to find the 2700 a new home. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back