• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gear Head RC SCX10 Rear Shock Relocation Kit

Gear Head RC

Quarry Creeper
Gear Head RC Rear Shock Relocation Kit is a great way to add scale realism to your SCX10 rear suspension.

MADE IN THE U.S.A.
5052 aluminum with tumbled finish
Includes hardware and instructions.

Only $19.99, available here: Gear Head RC SCX10 Rear Shock Relocation Kit

GEASUS003-2.jpg

GEASUS003-3.jpg

GEASUS003-4.jpg

We recommend 90-100mm shocks like:

Pro-Line PowerStroke Scaler Shocks (90mm-95mm)

RC4WD Dual Spring 100mm Scale Shocks

Instructions can be downloaded from Gearhead RC

Last edited:
A few pic's of the start to my Chevy SS 1.9 using the gear head rear shock kit.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339287978624.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339287978624.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 6,765
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339288000756.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339288000756.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 7,069
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339288021719.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339288021719.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 5,888
I think you can make it work with leafs, just scoot the shock to the other holes and bolt it up. It appears it will clear (but I could be very wrong lol).

The only thing I can see wrong is, it makes kind of a hang spot due to how low they sit (but I could be way wrong again.) I honestly think though it will help with rear articulation and that's why I'm gonna order it in a week on payday.

Here are some pics of the Relocation Kit installed on my SCX10 (I spray painted the brackets flat black):

ShockReloc01.jpg

ShockReloc02.jpg

ShockReloc03.jpg

Note: Since it has such a long wheelbase (12.5") I had to use 30mm long screws and a couple spacers (7mm total) to mount the shocks to the upper plate.

"thumbsup"

-Jim

I'm curious about this as well. Anyone?

We did not measure a before and after setup as we did not plan on reusing the stock plastic SCX10 schocks. Besides, the stock shocks will not fit as the faux external reservoirs run into each other when installed on the upper bracket. You could possibly cut off the reservoirs if you must reuse the stock shocks.

Anyone here on RCC reuse their stock shocks and measure any difference in ride height?

-Jim

Not the GH Kit, but you could drill a few holes to fine tune ride height and action.
Pictured are stock Wraith shocks that I had laying around. Mounting the bottom of the shock on the rear lockout bolt is another option to reduce height.

08687ffdfd1ccc067817c6dd66970373.jpg

On my wife landy I was running 90 mm power strokes all around. After using the gh relocation kit I swapped the rears to an 80 mm shock to level the ride height. Great product simple and great for full interior trucks or dropped beds. Will be using more of these in the future.

Back