• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

FTX Outback 2 Suspension

JPK81

Hi all,

I'm very new to crawling and am in need of some assistance. I recent the economy root and purchased a FTX Outback 2 crawler. My Outback seems a bit light on the weight side and I feel the springs on the shock are too stiff for the vehicle. With all this in mind, what would be your suggestions for: a) replacement parts for the suspension, b) adding weight to the vehicle, c) improving the turning circle?

Cheers.

I wouldnt add weight thats for sure. The FTX outback is the same thing as a barrage gen2 right? I think a big part of what makes the barrage (at least mine) crawl so well is its super light weight. Adding weight will get rid of that, plus you have a way higher chance of breaking parts.
I though at first that my barrage springs were way too stiff for the vehicle too, but after driving it for a while, I think its fine, in fact it convinced me put stiffer springs on my maxtone 10, which crawls way better now (that and limiting the suspension so it doesn't flex so crazily) Turns out lifting a tire isn't that bad a thing, as it keeps weight on the other tire for traction. With the maxtone and its super floppy suspension it would never lift a tire, but after making the suspension stiffer, it seems like it just has better traction.....

Back