• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Forestbumpr's RR10 Bomber Build

forestbumpr

Well I am just now getting around to doing a build thread... I actually was one of the lucky people who got the RR10 early. I intended starting the build thread sooner, but I have not had much time to RC at all lately, so I just finished the build the other day. I am now going to do a thread on the build from start to where it is now.

Before I even ran it I decided to strip it down and bullet proof it. Also, before I started this I realized that the stock electronics were not going to cut it, so they had to go as well!

Specifications:

Axles: Grey Vanquish Curries with Axial universals and heavy duty 36/14 gears, VP scale knuckles, VP scale chubs, VP Titanium Steering links, Delrin Skids

Driveshafts: Rear Yeti MIP driveshaft; Front Integy Aluminum Wraith shaft

Electronics: Hitech 7950TH CRAZY torque; Mamba Monster X; HH 540XL 3500Kv

Links: Black VP Trailing Arms; VP front lower Titanium links; VP rear upper Titanium links

Shocks: RC4WD 110mm front; RC4WD 120mm rear

Wheels & Tires: RC4WD Raceline Monster 2.2 Beadlock Wheels Black; RC4WD Rok Lox 2.2

Pictures Before Installation:

DSC_7169_zps3nud1heq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7172_zpsgma7jkgv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7173_zps7jqh7ixv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7179_zpspplfuf1e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7183_zpsyvqi8raz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_7190_zps1hxedtzu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can I suggest getting rid of them along with those stock diffs? You're going to add torque twist before shattering the stock locker so you might as well save yourself time, frustration, and possible other damage. 36/14 also have horrible gear mesh and you're sending Holmes XL power to them. Not a good combo.

Can I suggest getting rid of them along with those stock diffs? You're going to add torque twist before shattering the stock locker so you might as well save yourself time, frustration, and possible other damage.

Which ones would you recommend? Maybe the Axial hardened 43/13's?

I like the Holmes hobbies locker but I bought Gripfab spools for mine cause I have them in all my other rigs and they are stout and fit great! I really like the curries but no dough for those right now. This new rig of mine PayPal vacuum. Please post a review of your motor esc combo in this rig once you get it out and running. Interested to see what you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered the Locked UP RC FI spools and 43/13 gears....... My gosh it is expensive to get to pairs of each... lol! It should be very good for me in the long run.

Just ordered the Locked UP RC FI spools and 43/13 gears....... My gosh it is expensive to get to pairs of each... lol! It should be very good for me in the long run.

Great choice...ya want regret it!

Great lookin build & btw better get another chassis because that puller XL could break it!!!:mrgreen:

Awesome so far! Every time I see someone with the VP axles I want them so bad. I feel as though they can't we worth the money, but everyone says they are. Time to save up a TON of money I guess haha

I love all five of my Currie axles. They're stronger than stock and look badass. The only drawback is the price to get 2 fully built with top shelf parts like lockers, VVDs, Scale knuckles and hubs but I love them and don't regret buying a single one. I still want to get a set of SCX10 width Curries. Once you've built and mounted a set of these to your rig you'll understand. They're definitely not for everyone but they are for me. ;-)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,682
Back