• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

First tekin FX-R install

I has the same issue with mine take the end housing cap where you solder your wires and rotate is 180 degrees and than recal they system. hope this works for ya. also tekin says you can run 3s with out a bigger capacitor on the esc. I just toasted my 35t tekin hd in 3 runs working with tekin on warranty and they said 3s is ok.

If it's running in reverse, your transmission is mirrored from others. Just swap the motor wires and run it. Don't flip the reverse on the transmitter, it likely won't calibrate properly. Just calibrate it as normal and if the motor is driving in reverse, swap the wires.

I have the same problem when I tried to calibrate the FX-R esc. The first time I tried it would do anything while apply throttle. I applied the brake first to calibrate the throttle, then had to apply throttle to calibrate the brake. Then I reversed the throttle on my 4pls. Haven't really run it besides a 5 min trial run. It didn't seem to have any problems. Should I swap the wires around or turn the endbell 180*? I set my SCX-10 transmission up according to the directions. If I "mirror" the transmission would I still have to swap the wires?

I`ve tried swap the wires and run on reverse/forward settings on my controller. I only run 2s to so that should not be a problem on a 4s capacitor.
In a few days I will get the Tekin hotwire. Mabye it is easyer to understand something then. But thanks for all the answers for now!

The fxr lights should ramp up from left to right when you pull the throttle for forward motion. Make sure they are doing that, then if when you pull the throttle for forward motion and the rig goes in reverse direction swap the wires on the motor around. Make sure you have the timing correct for reverse polarity or that the motor has zero timing....if timed at zero it doesn't matter which way the motor spins and there will be no speed difference between forward and reverse directions.

I am not sure with your radio, but with the futaba radios you have to have the throttle setting set in the reverse mode for the radio to calibrate like it should.

I have tried to calibrate it. But I have to revers it before taking it in forward. I`ve set my controller on revers settings and I have soldered the wires from the ESC to the motor yet, because I wanted to test if it was right hooked up.
And it`s weird that it worked one battery before my problems....?

Sounds like you have it working backwards in the settings... same problem I just experienced.

You are going to have to try a combination of swapping your motor wires (black for red) and reversing your radio settings until you get it right. End result should be the LED's on the ESC moving left to right when going forward... and right to left when going reverse.

Tried swapping the wires and controller settings a million times. Not working.
Have given up on it now... Getting another esc in the mail tomorrow!

I just had a problem with mine. Have you contacted Tekin ? I found them to be helpful. My unfortunate experience cost me to send it in for replacement. However it was less expensive to send in and replace then to buy a new one out right.

Will send it in! Now I dont understand a sh..! I have the same issues with the new esc to... Both esc and the same problem.....

Back