• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Faulty Axle Housing? My New TF2, not so happy....

milestone

Pebble Pounder
hey guys i just got my TF2 today and started assembly, i got to the leaf springs where it says to mount them to the axle with m3 6mm screws, well i did and every single one has stripped, so easy, like i didnt even apply much pressure they just didnt want to bite into the housing of the axle...

Did this happen to anyone else?

I think im going to throw a 12 mm screw in there and a nut... with loctite for now, but i dont even have enough 12mm screws.. I feel i must have a faulty housing on my axles...

What would u do?

my unboxing video here..
RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Unboxing PART 1 - YouTube

Last edited:
Yep , same thing happened to mine. I love fixing and modifying these things so it wasnt a biggie. I put bolts with a nyloc on all leafs and its better than original. Hit up your local hardware store for a heap of 3mm bolts and nuts, guaranteed you'll use any extras you get "thumbsup"

Great to know someone else had this problem, thanks for your help. I think ill put long bolts right through for now, I think rc4wd is gonna send me a new set as well! Thanks

It happened on my first Tf2, they showed me a revised instruction when I contacted them showing to use a longer screw that travels all the way through and pop a nut on as you say.

It's actually worth doing even if they havnt stripped tbh, makes good engineering sense.

I had that same problem,along with the threads in the front axle that hold the knuckles on,no quick fix for that.

I'm gonna do what you guys are sayin tho on the leaf mount holes,any other problems some of you are having we might wanna address before it becomes a problem?

Back