• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

FAQ: TLT-1 to TLT-Crawler ***NEWBIES READ!!!***

chase3194 said:
how do you lengthen the tlt 1 dog bones? what do i need to buy? i still have the stock chassis?
Cut the dogbone in half with a dremel cut off wheel and stick each end into a 3/16" roll pin of the desired length. You'll have to hammer them in, but they won't budge!

locked out

Hi all i have a question and would appreciate any help i could get. im very new and not so smart???? how do i lock the rear hubs if i dont use the stock bumpers on my tlt crawler thanks

is building your own trans worth it? Looking at the parts list, for say the stealth... it would come to over $60? same with the stampede... can't you find them on here from tammy's or such for like under $50 shipped?!

jwrape said:
I found out from another board how to widen your TLT. Most people have used the TC01 rear shafts, but you can use the Super Blackfoot shaft from Tower to widen the wheel base a half inch. That is the widest that you can get without buy $40 wideners from InetRC.com
You can buy them her for $7+/pair....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGG15&P=7

I just ordered 4 sets for both of my TLT's. The one thing you will have to do is ad any type of spacer because of the extra length between the pin in the shaft and the spindle.

Are these shafts stronger than the stock TLT shafts? Thanks.

rckjeep said:
Just adding a recent find. I've bent a few stock TLT tie rods. So I sleeved one in 3/16 aluminum tube. Then bent it. I sleeved one in 1/4" aluminuim tube, then bent it. So I had an extra REVO push rod and Wall Lah. It fits perfectly and I doubt I'll ever bend it.

Hey, just to let you know, i use 1/4 in by .49 wall tube for the links, tap it with 4mm and use 4mm socket cap screw. Hope that works.

I found out a quicker way to lock the TLT axle diff.
Its reversible if you ever want to undo it.
You simply take one of the three spider gears and
stick it between the other two spider gears.
It won't be mounted on a shaft, sorta floating
between the other two gears.
When you mount the halves back together it
locks the rear diff without the mess of epoxy.
DC

deadcell said:
...one of the three spider gears...
This will result in damage to portions of the spider gears. I broke a few of the cross-shafts. It would be best to leave the three there and get an additional spider gear and jam it between two.

5150bronco said:
Hey, just to let you know, i use 1/4 in by .49 wall tube for the links, tap it with 4mm and use 4mm socket cap screw. Hope that works.

You can also use E-Max steering turn buckles for a beefer off the shelf alternative. See below:

DSC01329.jpg

I just found my Associated spring rate chart and figured I'd share it's info. With these springs you will need to get the Associated's spring spacer kit as they are slightly smaller ID than the traxxas springs. they still fit over the Traxxas shocks, but just barely:

Associated%20spring%20rate%20chart.jpg

Last edited:
This is really awesome, I am trying to figure out spring rates so I can figure out how to reduce torque twist.

Do you have some for losi springs...?

Newbie and a xrc

Im looking at building a xrc chassis out of a completed TLT is there any thing major other than the axles that I will be using.Cause a guy has 2 completed axles on ebay and thinking maybe of sparing my TLT the tear down.:?:

Back