• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Element Trail Titan

Gula

I wanna be Dave
Subscribed Member
The body is by planet toys, comes with mirror tint and no interior.

Once I got my grubby hands on it it started to look like this

I'm not sure if I'll put in a interior, or just leave it be. For now its to get it running. So first was to widen a long saved Element enduro IFS (og) Kit and a solid axle to better match the body width.

The rear was easy with these wideners.

Last edited:
The rear wideners are 12mm iirc from when I bought them eons ago. For the front, I had to mod these 6mm brass hex'es and remove the nub that sits against the bearing, drill out the through hole to 2.5mm.
The front axle also had to be enlarged to fit the screw in style pin.

The suspension arms accepted these random steel 15mm wide steel spacers that only required me to drill them to 4mm. You can barely see them poking out of the susp arm.

The steering links are traxxas turnbuckles that have been trimmed to length.

Last edited:
These are the wheels I was going to use on the 1/6 fms willys. However, the offset was so positive, that the tires rubbed on full turn.

Also picked up this hart driver as a replacement for the old work zone driver, which is no longer holding a charge.

The new one is so much more compact, and I love that there is no switch to change direction.

I picked up two of the cheap 6x6 scx10 chassis rails off of Ali and will go to town stretching them to fit.
These rails with aluminum cross members and bumper mounts should do this build well.

Last edited:
This is sick and a solid start. The front and rear drive axles seem spot on and you can really pull off the scale look!

I remember seeing this body not too long ago and was wondering if anybody here messed with it yet.

Back