• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

East Coast Tires

splyn

Pebble Pounder
I am looking to improve my Capra and TRX4. Capra is getting the spring mod and have already put a new revolver and HH esc (v2). TRX4 is getting a new body, re-engineered front battery tray and moving the electronics around. I am also looking for new shoes for each of the rigs. I have used both the Showdowns and Deep Woods, Hyrax and obviously the stock TRX4 tires (showdowns lugs are a bit too big, Deep Woods tread "folds" and not stiff enough, Hyrax clog really easily). I keep seeing reviews of different tires but they are mostly out west and don't represent the conditions where i crawl (humid easy coast: damp soil (clay and sand), mud , slick/wet roots, lichen covered rocks). Does anyone have any recommendations for tires that work well in these conditions? I'm interested in mostly crawling and not really doing any trail running or playing in the mud/water.

Fellow DMV crawler here. Proline Swampers are my go to for all conditions/terrain around here. They grip and hold up well but foams play a big role in the roll with any of the popular tire options. I wanna to try some of the RC4WD tires for the branded options they offer to match 1:1's but not until I sell some stuff or really need them.

Depending on the size my recommendation is always the Proline Super Swamper's in G8 compound. I drove RC in the PNW, so very similar conditions and they just work. They are very good in all conditions, but not the best in any one area.

Here is my 1/8th scale Bronco on 2.2's

xrzgVlYh.jpg

swampers are the first ones that came to mind they would look good on a trx4 too
also the jconcepts ruptures are awsome i think they might work good on the capra being less scale than the swampers and i think they work better

G8 Swampers....x3! I run Predator as well depending on temps. Mud, rock, silt, dirt - they seem to get traction everywhere. I've tried a lot of tires and just keep coming back to the Swampers. Pitbull Rock Beasts are a close second.

20220501-093640-SM.jpg

thank you all for the recommendations. i am not worried about scale, I'm more interested in traction on rocks. i was looking at the ruptures but was worries about their performance when they get damp. unfortunately, they seem to be hard to come by. ill look into the swampers in the mean time.

I second the Rock Beasts, they seem to crawl really well down here in AL. The other tire I've had some luck with is a set of Falken takeoffs from the new old bronco that I've trimmed.

If your looking for pure rock ( costal crawling ) Ive had very good luck with both the Trenchers and the Krawlers, both in G8 compound.

If your running trails as well, the Krawlers do very well and like has been mentioned above, the Swampers.

My " dedicated " trail rig is my scx10.3 JL and just trail / woods running the stock tires work great, even in snow but they need a much softer foam.

I'm in the DMV as well and my go to tire is the PitBull Growlers with Crawler Innovation foams. I also have had surprisingly good luck with the stock Traxxas Canyon Trail tires again with Crawler Innovation foams,

Attachments

• 20211118_113801.jpg
    20211118_113801.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 317
  • 20220721_145047.jpg
    20220721_145047.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
I'm in the DMV as well and my go to tire is the PitBull Growlers with Crawler Innovation foams. I also have had surprisingly good luck with the stock Traxxas Canyon Trail tires again with Crawler Innovation foams,

I ran Growlers for a while, really wanting to like them, but I found Tsl's just did better for my driving style. I found Growlers do not like to spin and prefer some weight on them. I like my rigs with lots of wheel speed and light! lol.

YrNz7LDh.jpg

Swamper Tsl's, and Boggers just fit my driving style, which is pin it to win it!

Xp5rolqh.jpg

Back