• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Early Bronco body?

pchiumiento

Rock Stacker
When looking for upgrades for SCX10 III they always say they fit the jeeps. Will these fit on Bronco also? I am pretty sure the performance parts (links, suspension, wheels ect.) will fit. What I am really wondering about is the body upgrades like bumpers and mounts will fit?

Also will the Jeep bodies fit on the early bronco?

The inner fenders are specific to each body, but other than that, yes. The Jeep body will fit the chassis.

Bumpers are typically also fit to a specific body. Others will probably fit pretty close, but may just be a few MM off. To know how close an aftermarket bumper will match the body, you'd just have to measure and compare the numbers. But other bumpers will fit the bumper mounts.

So when looking at performance parts if they say they are for the keep jlu or jt will they work with my early bronco?

Depends on where they go.

Transmission parts, yes. Chassis parts, yes. Axle parts, no.

The Jeep comes with portal axles while the Bronco has straight axles so axle parts won't interchange. But the chassis and transmission are the same. I'm not sure what suspension parts (links, shocks) are different due to the portal axles.

You can always download both manuals from Horizon Hobbies and compare part numbers. That'll get you the most definite answer.

Like fallen said, the chassis itself is the same, transmission also. But the axles are different, bronco shocks are longer and I believe rear links are different, or at least 2 of them. But if you’re looking for like bumpers/sliders/ etc and the state they’re for the jlu jeep, they’re not going to work with the bronco. The bronco body although listed at 1/10 is much bigger than the jlu body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back