• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

DRIVNMF Builds, (cough), the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6

DRIVNMF

I wanna be Dave
Hi. My name is Parker, but most know me as DRIVNMF. I have a scale rc problem. I hope you can assist with intervention, but not the kind you think.

Driving is in my screen name. A name that the 1:1 wheeling sub culture aptly gave me for following built and locked rigs in my open diffed, 33'' tire shod '95 Jeep Wrangler.

I need building intervention. I am not a builder. As a matter of fact, I am a build thread virgin. :shock: The good thing about that is I am open for all advice, constructive criticism, and laugh all you want, because I will have no idea why you are laughing.

I am not going to bore you with repetitive box shots. I will, however, shoot the box, (synonyms; Trap the Beaver, Fill the Pot Hole, Catch the Snapper) I tend to ramble when I am near my Axial Tool set, but you get the point. Box Shot, dressed and undressed.

I observed this plain cardboard box, assuming I knew the content, but not wanting to open it. The Jeep Wrangler G6 is surreal to me and being a fan of RC, it is so cool to see it, but kinda strange at the same time. One thing I know for sure, as soon as I start driving, all strangeness goes and way.

I can't wait to drive this Jeep Wrangler G6! "thumbsup"

More box pics, but decorated and collaged up to condense the goodness into a nice neat little package. Which this G-Ride is gonna be the opposite.

On the Jeep agenda is the following;

Rear Steer.
Front Dig.
Stretched Wheelbase.

Motor / ESC combo will surprise us all.
I think we can all agree that we know what rubber will be kissing the rocks.

Rear Steer because to me, this rig is yelling for it. The dovetail rear should compliment the ability to make this Jeep Twerk!

Front dig has always been fun and quite useful at times.

Stretched Wheelbase. Ok, a little secret. I may not be a builder, but I am a tuner. My shocks stay dialed and the only person to notice that my Axial Jeep JK was stretched, should be no surprise, Anthony Rivas of Rivas Concepts. Check out his latest YouTube show;

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QSz24_Djzco" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Being a tuner I inherited from my 2.2 Pro Comp days. A scaler is not a comp rig, so not all "tricks" apply, but shocks and correct wheelbase and knowing the characteristics of your truck, err, Jeep is important.

I will say Dan, that I will not be cutting the lipo battery wires at the same time again.

I almost burned down the living room to keep those wires even. Damn Pet Peeves.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

...I'm headed to Las Vegas tomorrow for the Scalehouse Rock RECON G6,

The Axial Jeep Wrangler G6 is going with me! "thumbsup"

I can see it now, in 6 months you will still be taking that weathered, worn out beaten , battered, mud and coffee stained box with you to every event....yet to be built!

Take some time off to build that "Thang"....Do work "G6 Jedi"!:mrgreen:

Looking forward to watching this,Parker,and don't worry too much about making boo boos like the wiring issue,you ain't alone,Brother,(like I said on yer FB,you sound lots like me :p )

I can see it now, in 6 months you will still be taking that weathered, worn out beaten , battered, mud and coffee stained box with you to every event....yet to be built!

Take some time off to build that "Thang"....Do work "G6 Jedi"!:mrgreen:

LOL, too funny. I had not thought about that. 6 months would kill me, but it would be a lot shorter than a soap opera having 3 different actors for the same character. "thumbsup"

Looking forward to watching this,Parker,and don't worry too much about making boo boos like the wiring issue,you ain't alone,Brother,(like I said on yer FB,you sound lots like me :p )

I could probalbly make repairs in a fraction of the time, if I slooooowed waaaaaay dooowwwwnnnn. But who has time for that. replacing a bent link, I install it at least twice, because it never fails, I put it on backwards of the other side. :roll:

Not to mention, why do chargers come with fancy plugs. I can't tell you how many times my charger barks at me because when I hook up the battery, the deans fancy plug is backwards in the charger.....:roll:

wow..really??
:roll:

Yes, Josh, really! Really scary. Really woke my a$$ up instantly! Really had to change my drawers as the brand new 2200MaH lipo burnt up in the front yard.

I am glad I grew up playing "Hot Potato" in gym, because I think I only touched that battery twice from the couch to the front door. :shock:

sounds like someone is going to be back on the sticks soon with all those channels......

Hmmmm, wise one. I had not thought about that. Ever since I went to the "dark side" with a pistol, not just any pistol, Airtronics MT4 has got more talent than me, but I'm gonna have to think about this.

I quess that rules out a rear winch! :cry:

Just hook the winches to a toggle, then you can switch front to rear on the same channel ;)

Or run 6 channels....

Heyok can even make you the harness with his 4 amp controller, had him build me one for the wraith.

Last edited:
You know, I just scanned this thread-- and so far I'm not see'in any wrench'in... or even a wrench. :)

You know, I just scanned this thread-- and so far I'm not see'in any wrench'in... or even a wrench. :)

brokennib, you are correct. I am thinking that a build starts by checking out the stickers!!!! I love stickers. In fact, it is one of the few things I collect.

This kit has some dope stickers.

I think all kits should come with two sticker packs. One to add to the collection and the other to use!

Then the next step is having a great manual. Axial shines in this department.

If Moses went to the bush I caught on fire with a Lipo, he would have been given this,

The lighting effect required some divine help. "thumbsup"

If you said the Porcelain God, crapper, All hail the might Koehler, or toilet, you are guessed poorly.

If you said the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6 instruction manual, you are correct!

This is the most important tool to complete this build process if you new to building RC kits or relatively new, like me.

So far, it is easy to read, the directions are precise and it has pictures that can be colored in when your not G6'n.

I was taught to read an owners manual from front to back as a kid. Then, read it again. I did this when I started racing motocross on a Yamaha YZ 80 and my first top end rebuild was not as intimidating by knowing the step.

I will read this the same way. I want to get an idea of the parts involved in each step. How the look and most important, keeping track of the various nuts and bolts and plastic grabbers.

Back